D70 does ISO 1600 ...

Discussion in 'People' started by Kat, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Kat

Kat

Mar 27, 2005
    Kentucky
    ... at our summer festival concert. These were both taken using my Nikon 70-300ED lens. I think they came out pretty good .. what do you think?

Kat

Robby%20Steinhardt.

Billy%20Greer%20and%20Richard%20Williams.

2. They look great to me.

Who are they?

3. Kat

Kat

Mar 27, 2005
    Kentucky
    They would be Kansas and they were awesome!

Kat

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    You have done a great job on these images.
    Keep up the good work :>)))

5. Very nice Kat, these guys look like they have been around the circuit for awhile.

6. Kat

Kat

Mar 27, 2005
    Kentucky
    Thanks Gale and Gordon. I was pretty pleased with these pics considering the lens and the fact that I was restricted to my seat.

Yes, I agree these guys are just a little bit crusty :eek: but they still sound great!

Kat

7. Hi,

Nice shots. I like the second one better because of the colours. But they both look good for iso 1600 shots. The D70 can get great results with iso 1600 only not many people talk about it.

Greetings and thanks for sharing your lovely photo's,
    Vince

8. Kat they look great for ISO1600, did you do any NR??

To clarify, they look great regardless of the ISO setting used ;)

9. Kat

Kat

Mar 27, 2005
    Kentucky
    Thanks Brett. I made some adjustments to both photos in post but noise wasn't one of them. As far as the noise is concerned, it was straight out of the camera.

Kat

10. BLV

BLV

Jul 14, 2005
    NYC
    Great captures, Kat! I love Kansas.

I am so angry with myself for not bringing my camera to ZZ Top's performance few nights ago. I was in 3rd row and those dudes just put on one hell of a show, but after being thoroughly chewed out during Robert Plant's concert by a very manly lady that keeps things "right" at the Beacon, I had no balls to do it lol.

11. Kat

Kat

Mar 27, 2005
    Kentucky
    Elena,

Thanks for the compliments. Sometimes it pays to live in a small town. My husband and I are personal friends of the "powers that be" in this town, so I probably get away with more than I really should!!

I only wished that I had had a faster lens with me for this concert. We were about 8th row center and like your ZZ Top (which brings back some awesome memories as well) .... they also put on a helluva good show. I couldn't hear thunder from 2 days!

Kat