D70 malfunctioning - off to Nikon Service UK - sob, sob...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clivegriff, Jul 11, 2005.

1. My 16-month-old D70 has developed a fault whereby it severely under-exposes by about four stops. None of the program modes work as they should but Manual mode still achieves the expected result.

I spoke to Nikon UK service; they say "no problem - just send it to us" and quote a worse-case of 10-15 working days.

In the meantime I'm using my wife's P+S which was provided by her employers but which is - whisper it - a Canon.

Oh, the shame, the indignity.

I suggested buying a D2X and selling the D70 on its return, but my Chief Financial Officer was totally underwhelmed by that idea.

Wish me luck as I enter a period of deprivation.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Yeah Clive - just think how refreshing and free it will be to shoot with that digicam! :)

Well, it was worth a try anyway. Hope they beat their estimate.

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Re: D70 malfunctioning - off to Nikon Service UK - sob, sob.

But Clive, isn't it nice that your wife is so generous to share her camera with you...otherwise you'd be just a sad man w/o any glass at all! I know I'd be happy to share my CoolPix w/Patrick if he had to ship his D2X off for repair...Kiss your wife and thank her. You'll have the D70 back before you know it! Cheers!

4. Jacki,

Thanks for the kind words.

Chris,

Nice try, mate. It didn't work - but nice try.

Leigh,

I appreciate your sentiments but not half as much as my wife did when she read your words of wisdom. Thanks.