1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D700 - 14-24 lens

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR Forum' started by Charles Loy, Aug 28, 2008.

1. D700, iso 2500, 1/8th second, raw file. 14-24 f2.8 af-s @ f4 & 24mm

NIKON D700    ---    24mm    f/4.0    1/8s    ISO 2500

2. and I'm sure hand held, what an amazing piece of glass. Can you say WIDE? ; )
    What an excellent lens to ad to your kit.
    Congrats,
    Kevin P.

3. MrKegFlex

MrKegFlex

Nov 23, 2007
    Ohio
  4. Thanks for looking.
    Camera was placed on a Bogen 475 tripod. Photo's not anything special, but it shows the D700 at 2500iso and the fantastic lens at f4.

5. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    I'm finding this body, and this combo specifically, is absolutely phenomenal in regards to dynamic range.
    I'm planning to go out this weekend and get chased off several properties doing some night time archictecture. Amazing that some companies don't take the slightest notice when you shoot their buildings in daylight, but as soon as the sun sets, they're off limits!
    Here is my specific target of interest this weekend. Shot with my D200 and Tokina 10-17, I am itching to get it with the 700/14-24!! Note the white pick-up to the immediate right of the right fountain column. That was the security guard who graciously gave me an additional 30 seconds to set this shot up!

p635221443-4.

I'll post a follow up image if I can get it...

6. Phillip Ino

Phillip Ino

Nov 26, 2007
    Austin
    I should not have opened this! Grrr....

7. Agreed. I took this shot the day after I got the D700 and while it's no award winning image it is impressive to me in two ways.....first it's at 14mm -- I've never had wide be so wide before. :smile: Secondly, I think it's captured a fair amount of dynamic range. This was a tough scene in harsh lighting with plenty of contrast. Someday I'll go back to this spot (with a tripod) when there is better lighting. Oh, I guess there is one other impressive thing -- my feet aren't in the picture. :tongue::tongue:

8. Suggestion -- take along a small print of this one to show 'em what you're doing -- just "trying out some new equipment."

Cheers!!

Ken

9. I went in Dury's in Nashville this week and there was a D700 w14-24 on it on the counter. I handled it, then got out of there fast. I had some fever and escalated heartbeat, but otherwise escaped unscathed.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2008
  10. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    :eek: M
    Geoff, that's the thing. As long as you can manage not blowing highlights and/or deeply underesposing shadows, the resulting image can end up quite spectacular! With the 700, it's even easier to manage that whole range! Images like your example remind me of how much more lattitude we had with film, and how much closer digital is getting :) 

11. Even my car likes the 14-24, look at the big grin...:biggrin:

D700 & 14-24 @ 14mm f/2.8:

[​IMG]

12. Joe,

You car made me smile!! Well done!! :biggrin:

13. Steinar

Steinar

Aug 16, 2007
    Denmark
    Me, too :smile:

14. I want one argh.

15. lisa_h

lisa_h

Sep 6, 2008
    New England
    I got this lens last week. I haven't played yet. You've got me itching. I am going to try to catch a sunset tomorrow night or something...........must........play, lol!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.