1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

d700 + 35-70 2.8

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Nuteshack, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

if you're shooting fx and wana small built like a tank cheap mid-range PRO zoom, i suggest u consider one of these.

35mm using the macro feature. a breeze to manual focus on this camera:wink:....focus on the play button @2.8

2901399196_bb4ba46db8_o.
    NIKON D700    ---    35mm    f/2.8    1/40s    ISO 200

:Love:

2. Congrats on the D700! :biggrin:

3. Like Mike said congrats!!! I'll second the 35-70, not quite wide enough on DX for my style but i'd love to try one on FX..........

Cheers

Ted:smile:

4. Nute, you got a D700, congratulations.

5. Congrats! :) 
    I guess we should prepare for new NuteLust threads

6. Conrgratulations on the new camera. We all know you will put it to great use.

7. Not looking, trying to hold out until next year.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 

Ah heck!! Bring it on Nute!! Let's see some more samples!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

8. Congrats, Nute. I will just sit back and enjoy the imagery that is about to unfold now :smile: while trying to tell myself - I don't need a d700, yet :wink:

Enjoy your new gear,

9. Congratulations, you will undoubtedly do wonders and put us all to shame with your new D700!

10. trublu

trublu

Jul 23, 2007
    nyc
    congrats nute. now u can stop pining :biggrin:

11. Congrats on the new D700!

Don

12. That means we all have to get one now, right?:biggrin:

13. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

thanks much for the kind words, everyone:Love:

well, now that i've finally made the plunge, like others before that have gone this way i have to say this -> the d3/700 is the biggest break-through in digital slr imaging to date. it's one thing to appreciate the images others post with this camera (and i do apprciate it) but it's an entirely life changing experience (so to speak) to go through the proccess yourself. the jpegs i'm shooting straight out of the camera are so incredibly 35mm film like it's scarey. most would be better off flushing their whole kit for just one of these and and a 50 1.8:eek: 

14. Congrats Nute, I can't wait to see some 50/1.4 and the D700 from you... You just said what I did not want to say out loud...

"... most would be better off flushing their whole kit for just one of these and and a 50 1.8" But I would recommend the 35/2 or 35/1.4 as opposed to the 50mm but that's just me :wink::rolleyes: 

15. nancyr

nancyr

Feb 14, 2006
    La Jolla, CA
    Uh-oh, now we're all in trouble!

16. It's not going to take that much to convince me. A simple "YES" would have sufficed . . . :biggrin:

I'm waiting for the New Year, though (the CONVENTIONAL New Year, NOT the Jewish New Year that started last night).

17. Completely agree. I am lucky enough to be able to get the glass I want. But, if I had to give it all up to keep the D700 I would.

The standard advice has always been buy great glass first, then the camera body. However, I think the D700/D3 is actually game changing, and will make you rethink how you do photography.

That being said, it is nice to have a D90 around as well. Doesn't cost as much as the D300 and when you need the 1.5 crop factor, and have enough light, it is better than using a teleconverter.

Craig

18. congrats, "from F22 to infinity"(lol)

19. mood

mood

Jun 27, 2007
    So Fla
    same here Rich
    hoping by then they are @$2500

20. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

well this jew boy buys pork half price ...hahahahaha
    :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.