d700 + 35-70 2.8

N

Nuteshack

Congrats Nute, I can't wait to see some 50/1.4 and the D700 from you... You just said what I did not want to say out loud...

"... most would be better off flushing their whole kit for just one of these and and a 50 1.8" But I would recommend the 35/2 or 35/1.4 as opposed to the 50mm but that's just me :wink::rolleyes:

well, i was making a somewhat radical statement just to drive home the point. sure, a 35f2 would certainly work. but if all u had was the 700 and $100 50 1.8 u would NO doubt be exceedingly pleased with the resulting images!
:biggrin:

N

Nuteshack

The standard advice has always been buy great glass first, then the camera body. However, I think the D700/D3 is actually game changing, and will make you rethink how you do photography.

Craig

utterly game CHANGING!
:Love:

N

Nuteshack

Don't you just love it?! :eek:. You're going to be very busy for a loooooong while :smile:

:Love:i tucked it in before going to bed last night ...ROTFL!!!
..the menu is freakin me out -> i'm guna have to read the silly manual...yikes!!!
:eek:

nuteshack,

how do you like the 35-70....is too heavy to carry for 2 to 4 hours at a time? I'm thinking about getting one.....that lens looks real sharp......congrats

N

Nuteshack

nuteshack,

how do you like the 35-70....is too heavy to carry for 2 to 4 hours at a time? I'm thinking about getting one.....that lens looks real sharp......congrats

thanks Schwann ...i love this glass! it's small and compact and a bit heavy but i don't find it a problem. it does have it's flaws -> rotating front element plays havock with pf. it's biggest problem is it's tendency to flare. on dx an hb 15 or 26 hood helps big time.
:cool:

sambru

In Memoriam 1957-2014
if you're shooting fx and wana small built like a tank cheap mid-range PRO zoom, i suggest u consider one of these.

35mm using the macro feature. a breeze to manual focus on this camera:wink:....focus on the play button @2.8

2901399196_bb4ba46db8_o.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

:Love:

Congrats on the D700. I am sure you will post some awesome photos.

Latest threads

Top Bottom