D700 AA cells

Bought some Lenmar AA NiMiH AA at Frys Electronics.
Previous AA ran down fast so I have up on them.

These are not li Ion, but have really good charge. I did 50 raws with lots of chimping, AF at a basketball game. Meter still showed full. A 700 takes 8 cells.

Frys is US electronics store and they sell on line also.

Sanyo Enloops is also supposed to be good.

I've used Energizer 2500 MAH rechargables, but as far as AA batteries go, nothing lasts longer than Energizer Lithium batteries. Of course they are about $17 for 8 batteries at Walmart, but I have gotten over 3,500 shots while shooting JPEG Large 8FPS at baseball/hockey games.

I recently bought a EN-EL4a battery, and the manual says they produce about 1,900 shots.

I use the eneloops. Used to use the energizers and I think the eneloops last about as long. I like the fact that the eneloops hold their charge longer when not used as I sometimes go long periods between shoots or battery changes. Would love to get the enel4 but alas, funds are not available. Maybe one day.....

I used to use Lithiums when I shot film and they would ramp up the fps on the winder! Also, they lasted forever in speedlights and the cycle was nearly instant. I moved to Eneloops about a year and a half ago and haven't looked back. They don't last as long per charge as an Energizer lithium cell, but even at about 1/3 the longevity, the factthat I'll be able to charge them +\- 1000 times makes them a no-brainer. The Eneloop shelf life thing is no joke, either. My flash sits unused sometimes for months, and the Eneloops are always ready to roll.

The only two advantages that Lithium AAs still have are superb low temperature performance and weight. I remember the first time I loaded them into an MD-4 motor. It felt like it cut the weight in half - then it fired like a machine gun!

Eneloops are great.

I'm really disappointed with the Lenmar batteries. Bought mine at Fry's as well, and they don't seem to be able to hold much of a charge. They're OK considering I'm just using them in my wireless mouse, but a week after charging I'll swap them into my mouse and they'll only show at around 50% charge.

Ive used eneloops for a long time, never ha any issues.
Heard some good things about powergenix so i tried some out, but one of my cells wouldnt chargr after a while. Fortunately they replaced it. They do offer faster recycle times, but only at the beginning. Over time, they feel more sluggish.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom