D700 and 24-70 -> Castle of Eulenspiegel

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by voider, Sep 7, 2008.

1. voider

voider

Nov 11, 2005
    Hamburg, Germany
    Hi,

finally had a sunny day again. There were many clouds though but I really like sunny days with clouds to shoot. I was visiting a friend in Bernburg and got to shoot the famous castle of Till Eulenspiegel:

Let me know if you like it

[​IMG]

2. I like it very much Timur. The contrast and composition of this photo is great. Because of the warm colors i think you made this picture in the late afternoon. Am i right about that?

Gert-Jan

3. kpstatz

kpstatz

May 13, 2008
    NYC
    Great colors, great contrast, great photo!

4. nice shot

5. voider

voider

Nov 11, 2005
    Hamburg, Germany
    Thank you very much. Yes it was late afternoon. Between 6 and 7 pm and the sun was shining directly on the castle while there were dark clouds behind it. I used sunny white balance. With cloudy white balance the warm colors were a little to strong.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2008
  6. tblazi

tblazi

Jul 9, 2008
    Croatia
    Very nice Timur. Seems that D700 and 24-70 are good companions :) 

7. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    I do like it. The reflections in the water are very nice and the overall lighting is interesting also.

Nice work.

8. Very nice. Photo is well exposed, colorful and sharp. Great combo, that D700/24-70.

9. I totally agree with the others. The lighting makes for an excellent shot. Nice work!

10. I like it a lot, the warmth of the light, and the contrasty sky are excellent.

Also, being one who loves German bred Rottweilers.......Eulenspiegel is one of the very great old kennels. Their boy Ives is probably in at least 50% of the pedigreed dogs known today. :smile:

11. aaephoto

aaephoto

Jun 24, 2008
    New Zealand
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.