1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D700 and Capture NX

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR Forum' started by rogein@sympatico.ca, Jul 4, 2008.

1. This might be of interest - just downloaded some sample NEFs shot with the D700. Capture NX v1.3.1 will not open them but my 'trial' of NX2 will.

http://www.gschneiderphoto.com/d700samples/

I wonder if Nikon will 'package' the D700 with NX2?

2. Tosh

Tosh

May 6, 2005
    NY
    I'd be shocked if Nikon didn't upgrade NX to work with D700 files by the time the camera starts shipping to sellers.

3. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    There is an update (for ViewNX, anyway). When I tried dragging one of the nefs into View, the update option popped up. Took about ten seconds!

4. What I find amusing is that NX2 trial was out about a month before the D700 announcement. I'm surprised some computer wiz didn't hack into NX2 to find out it reads D700 NEFs - that would have put an end to the rumours. ;-)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.