D700 and My $45 Quantaray Lens

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
John, looking at these again, I just had to say that this photo is outstanding (they are all great but this one is almost 3D!)

I've been following the 58 1.2 Noct thread (and there is a Noct locally for sale at 60x what you paid) but from what I've seen posted in that thread and what I'm seeing here I think the balance tips heavily in favor of your Quantaray over the Nikkor Noct... even if they were the same price.

John, looking at these again, I just had to say that this photo is outstanding (they are all great but this one is almost 3D!)

I've been following the 58 1.2 Noct thread (and there is a Noct locally for sale at 60x what you paid) but from what I've seen posted in that thread and what I'm seeing here I think the balance tips heavily in favor of your Quantaray over the Nikkor Noct... even if they were the same price.

Thanks! I agree, I love that pic. The guy in the back left is a little outside of the DOF range (more obvious in larger sizes). I double checked the exif data and it was shot at 1/60th, f/2.0, and the D700 chose ISO2500 which means I could have stopped down some more to widen the DOF slightly since I had another stop+ of ISO left (I leave the max at 6400).

Don't let KEH find out about this. It'll be 300 bucks in no time.

Heck, I'd just be happy if I could even FIND another one of these lenses anywhere. I'd love to have another one as a backup.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom