D700 and TC-16A?

Hi,
anyone out there with a D700 and Nikkor TC-16A teleconverter? Does the AF work? I know it works with D2-series cameras but does not with D200 or D300. How about D3?

fks

hi peter-

according to the D3 and D700 manuals, the TC-16A isn't compatible. i sold my TC-16A some time ago, so i can't test this, but i don't have any reason to doubt the validity of the manual :smile:

ricky

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
hi peter-

according to the D3 and D700 manuals, the TC-16A isn't compatible. i sold my TC-16A some time ago, so i can't test this, but i don't have any reason to doubt the validity of the manual :smile:

ricky
Hi Ricky,
not the answer I was looking for but I'm sure you (and the manuals) are correct. Thank you.

Hi Peter,

It certainly doesn't work with the D3, which is a real pain. Why did they do that? I am sure it is something they could add with firmware, and equally sure that they won't do it!

We finally get the cameras that are really great to use with ai and ais lenses, and they disable a feature that could be really beneficial.

Regards,

Possibly the tc-16a could be adapted to work on the d700, although it is 'said' to be a touch soft at the edges, and possibly an FX sensor would not be ideal for this tc for that reason.

I use this tc on my d2h {with a long tele} and any 'possible' edge softness is not apparent with a dx sensor.

I had looked at modifying this tc {for when i am forced to replace my d2h, in the distant future}, but it seems a bit tricky for me personally, and i will likely only have a choice of the d2x to replace my d2h {when it eventually dies}, or maybe another d2h/s.

Alan

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom