1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D700 arrivals at flickr!

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR Forum' started by bokehmanedof, Jul 24, 2008.

1. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    Arrgh :Curved:

I'm in denial. I won't look. I have NAS under control. I'll go along my original plan and will wait at least till Oct/Nov (or even Jan when I'll be in California). Waiting causes no ill side effects.

GRbmlms none whatsoever

:Smoking::Waldo::Whistle::434::131::866::243: :actions1: :502::840:

2. Peter... I know you looked :biggrin:

3. Funny thing is....

Funny thing is.... that I have a D3 and want a D700... I have the better FX DSLR yet I want its smaller brother... I need to have my head examined :rolleyes:  But I still want one!!! :wink:

4. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Well you can always send me your D700 once your buyers remorse kicks in :biggrin:

5. Can't wait to read the hands on review from Cafe members.

6. By January Nikon will have a D3X and you'll really want to spend a lot of money, especially with such lovely cheap prices in the US! :wink:

I just wish Nikon would of had a better timeline on how all this technology was going to pan out. For one thing, I would of never invested in DX and second I should just stick to my plan of not buying cameras until a full year after release. I can manage!

7. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    I agree on this one. Even a rough roadmap with sketchy release dates with half-year accuracy would be useful. No, Nikon have not lied about anything but some people feel less than happy when their specific "dream camera" comes out six months after they have bought the twice more expensive model. Ditto with lenses and sensors. Thankfully I never could (nor did) spend much on DX, only two Tokina lenses to bridge the gap between F100 and D700.

But I would be happy to know some sketchy roadmap like:
    • 12 Mpix DX D90 - late 2008
    • 24 Mpix FX D3X - late 2008
    • 12 Mpix DX D65 sans AF motor - mid 2009
    • 12 Mpix FX D90X - early 2010
    • 14 Mpix DX D400 - mid 2010
    • 24 Mpix FX D800 - late 2010
    • 16 Mpix FX hiperf D4H - mid 2012
    • 36 Mpix FX D4X - late 2013

This is hypotethical rubbish, but especially if the items in red come to market inside a 12 month (or less) timeframe, some users will again feel used/deceived if the roadmap is unclear.

Disclaimer: the list provided is imaginary and requires no comments about my prophecy skills. They are nonexistent anyway. :biggrin:

8. TheCommons

TheCommons

Jul 2, 2008
    LA, CA ;)
    Jeez. The noise control is superb. Does anyone have a sound file where I can hear what the d700 shutter sounds like

9. Ha ha ha sure sure sure :wink:

10. Steinar

Steinar

Aug 16, 2007
    Denmark
    I do NOT have my NAS under control, but...... I love it :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.