D700 at Hidden Pond

Vienna, Virginia (Washington DC Suburbs), USA
One of the benefits of living in northern Virginia is our great parks system. Today I ventured to Hidden Pond with my assistant (my 7 year old daughter). It was a spectacular day, hot, though without the beastly humidity. Amazing that so close we can have such a natural oasis. We spent about two hours hiking trails, exploring nature, and playing on the playground there. I only brought two lenses: 14-24 and 105VR. No tripod. What a great day! Here are a few shots... I think you can figure out which lens was used... With maybe one exception, care to guess???

1) The trails... f2.8, 1/100

8408pond1-vi.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2) The Trails II f2.8, 1/80

8408pond2-vi.jpg

3) Dragon (My First!!!, heavy crop) f8, 1/400

8408pond3-vi.jpg

4) Toad f2.8, 1/20

8408pond4-vi.jpg

5) Monarch f3.2, 1/1250

8408pond5-vi.jpg

Rich, nice captures! The Hidden Pond looks to be a beautiful place to spend a few hours. Dad and young daughter time is always a special time.

I like them, but something about the first one make me feel off balance. I think I would like it better if it was rotated counter clockwise maybe 4 degrees.

Vienna, Virginia (Washington DC Suburbs), USA
Rich, nice captures! The Hidden Pond looks to be a beautiful place to spend a few hours. Dad and young daughter time is always a special time.

Thanks Darrell. The park is a jewel and hooks into a larger park ecosystem... It is fun to go there at different times of year and see what's available to shoot. Today there was a great blue heron, numerous turtles, some flowers, tons of dragons, some other water birds, and general forestscapes... Not bad for a 20 minute drive!

N

Nuteshack

SAWEEEEEEEEEEET!!!

good on u Rich ...show us some more pal!
;-)))

Latest threads

Top Bottom