D700 Availability...

Vienna, Virginia (Washington DC Suburbs), USA
In case you are interested, Berger Brothers is taking pre-orders. Additionally, Adorama has it available on their site. Berger Brothers has done very well by me, so do not hesitate to order from them. Brad Berger is a good guy, who takes care of his customers...

I wonder if the availability will be like the D300 or the D3 when it first came out. People had no problem getting a hold of a D300 but the D3, some has to wait months and months.
Although the D700 would sell like hot cakes, I think with the D3 already out for 8 months and that supply has been met, there's shouldn't be any problem finding a D700 in stock after a couple weeks of release.

I got my stuff at Ritz. If I'm going to buy it at MSRP price, why not buy it from one of the largest dealer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know why people like Samy's. They're not the most friendliest. I buy all my gear from prophotosupply.com in Portland. They're pro Nikon and have great customer service. Samy's isn't very special or have any great deals.

I don't know why people like Samy's. They're not the most friendliest. I buy all my gear from prophotosupply.com in Portland. They're pro Nikon and have great customer service. Samy's isn't very special or have any great deals.

I have never dealt with Samy's, but have spoken to them a few times on the phone and they were very pleasant and had prices that were in the ballpark. I do know what you mean about friendliness. We have a local shop here, Penn Camera, and I just hate walking in there - although many people think it's great and have wonderful experiences and relationships with them!!! I do really like Roberts as well (except they won't ship to work addresses!), Norman Camera have been also been great.

When I bought my D300, I was on all the pre-order lists, but actually found mine in a local shop the first day they were available and before I received any call/order shipment from the online pre-order lists. This time around, I am only going with one vendor and placed my D700 order with Berger Brothers, who have always treated me well and provided good service of late.

Rich,

Don't know about Penn in Vienna, but the Penn Camera in Laurel, MD is a pretty nice shop with a decent new/used selection and friendly, knowledgeable staff. At least on the few occasions I've stopped by on my way to D.C.

Rich,

Don't know about Penn in Vienna, but the Penn Camera in Laurel, MD is a pretty nice shop with a decent new/used selection and friendly, knowledgeable staff. At least on the few occasions I've stopped by on my way to D.C.

Mike, it must just be me, but at the penn camera in Tyson's Corner, I have never been pleased. I always wait forever, staff seem more interested in talking to each other than serving me. I have walked out several times leaving stuff behind. It does have a lot of stock though so I have forced myself on occasion to wait around until someone will allow me to buy something !!! :wink:

Peter,

I have no idea what is best. You are in San Diego, so maybe Samy's would work well for you? Alternatively, Roberts, Berger Brothers, BH, Adorama, Ritz... Any of these would work well I think. It is unclear to me what the demand will be like, or the supply that matter...

i was thinking about going with ritz... but if i get anything else... grip lens etc ill go elsewhere.

adorama's not so friendly... maybe its a NY thing ;)

-Peter

How about Allen's In PA . I was told to check them out from a member on the forum here and they have been super nice. I was able to get my name on the top of their list for the D700 ( I called as they were opening the doors on the 1st). From the pricing they have given me on some of the lenses I was interested in I see no reason for me to really order stuff from anywhere else.

Latest threads

Top Bottom