D700 Availability ?

I was wondering if the D700 was as hard to locate as the D3 was.in the early days? I saw one in my local camera shop (Humble Camera) yesterday.

I was wondering if the D700 was as hard to locate as the D3 was.in the early days? I saw one in my local camera shop (Humble Camera) yesterday.

I placed an order yesterday ( body only) with Allen's Camera in Pennsylvania. It has shipped and will be here Monday.

Bob

I ordered mine from Cametta, through Amazon, last Friday. Had it my hands on Tuesday. When I called cametta to confirm they had it to ship (they only showed 3 on Amazon), the CSR said "Oh, don't worry, we've got a lot of them".

Murphy's Law (Tongue in cheek).:smile:
  1. What ever you buy today, something better will be introduced tomorrow.
  2. What ever you pay today, you will find cheaper tomorrow.(does not apply to gasoline:frown:)

local dealer

I checked with my local dealer and he had one body only.

They are pricing it at $3400!

I think they will have it a long time. I asked if that was the kit, no, just the body.

It's just crazy how easy you could get a d700..I remember when I first ordered my Canon Mark III it took a months for people but I was lucky to get mine at a mom and pop camera shop the day it was released..I was on 6 waiting list for the d700 and all 6 called me the day it was announced..

I placed an order yesterday ( body only) with Allen's Camera in Pennsylvania. It has shipped and will be here Monday.

Bob

Bob, I actually just went to Allen's for the first time today. Near Yardley right? Great shop. I picked up a 50 1.4 and tested it out on a 700....oops just saw you're in Arizona.

I checked with my local dealer and he had one body only.

They are pricing it at $3400!

I think they will have it a long time. I asked if that was the kit, no, just the body.

No need to pay premium prices. When I ordered mine, I assumed retail price but the dealer actually offered a discount. Can't beat that.

Bob

I order my from Ritz, althought they said back order but got the email next day that back in stock and received in 4 day.

I got on the waiting list for the "small" Nikon dealer in town on July 3. They finally got their first shipment (3 bodies) on August 15. The owners seemed to be very pleased that they got those when they did. Apparently, they had a very hard time getting D200s, well after they came out ("the D200's all went to the big box stores"). I didn't ask what their experience had been with D300s. I don't imagine they've sold many D3s as the demand here wouldn't be that large, if any.

About 1-2 weeks ago, an informal check of websites from about ten dealers showed only two had them in-stock. Today, that same group of websites all show them in-stock.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom