1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D700 Body only availability ?

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR Forum' started by azarby, Aug 5, 2008.

1. azarby

azarby

Sep 17, 2006
    Phoenix, Az
    I've decided to pull the trigger on a D700 body and I'm not finding any availability. B&H, Adorama, Ritz, Allen's all on back order. Anyone have any info on a reputable mail order source with a body in stock?

Bob

2. Tom Larsen

Tom Larsen

Jan 18, 2008
    Denmark
    Bob,

Beach Camera is reliable, but they also show limited availability. I have bought from them five times, and they delivered promptly as ordered with no hassles of any kind. I would use them again.

Abe's of Maine show "available." That was also the case when I ordered a 35mm f2, and it took two weeks two show up, so available does not mean "In Stock."

Good luck.

3. azarby

azarby

Sep 17, 2006
    Phoenix, Az
    In the past, I had major problems with both of those retailers. "Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice, shame on me". I've decided to put my name on the list at Allen's Camera.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2008
  4. Tom Larsen

Tom Larsen

Jan 18, 2008
    Denmark
    I purchased my 24-70 mm f2.8 from Allen's. They called me one morning, as I was planning an unrelated business trip that took me within 20 miles of their store, I had been on their waiting list. I did not want to buy a lens that expensive, without at least seeing if I was comfortable with the way it felt on my D300. It is now the lens that stays on the camera. I had called Allen's because of other Cafe members recommendation and they lived up to the reputation.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.