D700 Dials and Indicators Reversed

Arising out of a thread on the DX Forum:

I have my dials and indicators set to:

f9 - Reverse - OFF
f9 - Change Main/Sub - On

f12 - Reverse Indicators - (-)----(0)-----(+)

The effect being that in all respects Minus is to the Left and Plus is to the Right which seems the most logical way.

Apertures and Shutter Speed Numbers increase to the Right and Decrease to the Left.

I use Custom Settings Banks so these settings are duplicated in all Banks.

West coast of FL (formerly Westchester County, NY)
You know I never even noticed that the default is illogical. But I could not change it now, since I am used to the settings as they are. Changing them at this point would require years with a psychologist.

I could understand the Nikon logic if Nikon were an Israeli company.... :biggrin:

Having the option to change it, is great. But I never noticed it either, so I guess I'll stick with the default mode.

I'm so used to doing things the "wrong" way that I would have to change my D300 and D700 at the same time. When I added the D300 to my D70 is was hard at first to get used to the controls being different. When I added the D700 to my D300 I liked the fact that they were very close in all operating controls. I might try changing my D300 and D700 to be in the correct direction and see if I can adjust myself to get used to it.

I've actually never noticed before reading this and it doesn't bother me the slightest bit. I guess you get used to how things work and they simply become instinctive.

Latest threads

Top Bottom