D700 for $2799 at Circuit City

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by shaocaholica, Aug 10, 2008.

1. shaocaholica

shaocaholica

Jul 21, 2008
    LA
  2. Good trend

Hopefully this will put some pressure on other retailers to start pushing the price below $2999.

Amazon has dropped the price of the SB900 to $477 and $466 through Cameta both with free shipping.

It just does not make sense to buy these products when they first come out. By being patient, one can easily save 10 to 20 percent. The true value of these items is established only after they've been on the market 6-9 months, as we are now seeing with the D300 at $1600 and D3 at $4500.

I think the true value of the D700 is closer to $2495, probably less after Canon shoots its 5D replacement out the barrel.

3. NPA2008

NPA2008

Apr 15, 2008
    USA
    Actually it does make sense, if you have equipment to sell. As soon as the latest model reaches the new owners the used price of the current model begins to decline. You can lose just as much or more by waiting and selling as if you had bought the new item and sold your current gear immediately -- or before it arrives.

Ask any D300 owner who wishes that he had sold his camera a month ago in preparation for the delivery of the D700. I sold two D300's several weeks ago and got just under $1,500 for each of them. Guess how much I would get now.

4. Doug

Doug

Jan 17, 2006
    East TN
    Yeah, if you got to pay tax, which most would, no savings there, in fact, it would be more than 2999 in my case with 10% sales freaking tax.

5. A number of states -- including mine -- are now getting more aggressive with tax laws that require the collection of sales tax even for purchases from Internet retailers outside of the state. Technically, we've supposed to have been reimbursing the state, but I'd imagine very few purchasers do this. Now they're going after the retailers themselves to ensure they collect tax.

In other words, pretty soon I'll be paying my area's 9% sales tax for purchases at home and across the country.

6. acolo63

acolo63

Aug 11, 2008
    Santa Cruz, CA
    I remember CC doing this with the D300...great price, but wasn't in stock. Will they honor the price when they get the camera in stock?

7. This is a good deal too if you take advantage of the NO INTEREST for 18 months!

This was how I got my D300 the week it was released, except I was only able to get NO INTEREST for 1 year.