D700 hands on preview on DPreview

It's going on my wish list. Pics are going in my office, bathroom mirror, inside of my front door. I'm going o get so sick of looking at them that I'll have to get one :biggrin:

Finally

This is the camera we semi-pros have needed from Nikon for a long time. Looks like a Canon killer; will be interesting to see if Canon can possibly trump this with their 5D successor.

With a D300 and D700, all bases will be covered. Sweet! Thanks Nikon.

Now, what about that 50mm f/1.2 AFS?

J

JCole

This is the camera we semi-pros have needed from Nikon for a long time. Looks like a Canon killer; will be interesting to see if Canon can possibly trump this with their 5D successor.
It's been a long time in materializing but the Canon will still beat it on price alone. Most people are not looking at the whole camera and feature set which clearly is far more advanced than the 5D.

Wow, and it uses EN-EL3e batteries and the MB-D10. It looks like this and the 300 will be a perfect match for those wanting DX and FX together.

Real Name
Rodney
Wow, and it uses EN-EL3e batteries and the MB-D10. It looks like this and the 300 will be a perfect match for those wanting DX and FX together.

Now we know why they didn't name the grip similarly to the D200's grip, which used the 200 number.

I would actually expect a price match when Canon announces its 5D successor. Nikon is now poised on the perch, ready to swoop. Unless you need this camera I would want to wait until after the Canon announcement.

It certainly is poised in the right range, though. I'm not sure I would have bought a D3 if this baby had been available. From a prosumer viewpoint it gives just about everything you need.

Regards,

Paul

It's been a long time in materializing but the Canon will still beat it on price alone. Most people are not looking at the whole camera and feature set which clearly is far more advanced than the 5D.

J

JCole

I would actually expect a price match when Canon announces its 5D successor. Nikon is now poised on the perch, ready to swoop. Unless you need this camera I would want to wait until after the Canon announcement.
I hope Canon hurries up and gets the 5D successor out soon. I'm happy I didn't rush into the D300, I will keep using my D200 and get the D700 in about a year. I like the DX format but would welcome the higher ISO advantages of the new FX cam in addition to the D200.

E

Eye Spy

I hate to do this but I am going to sell my new D300 to get this camera. How many posts do you need before the for sale forum shows up?

Latest threads

Top Bottom