D700 Higher ISO Landscapes!

Since I almost always use a tripod when shooting landscapes, I would usually use the camera's base ISO setting for the exposure.

However, with winds exceeding 20 mph in an open field, I decided to boost the ISO (to 800) in order to achieve a shutter speed of 1/500th (hopefully enough to freeze the movement of the white plants) and to achieve an adequate depth of field at f/11.

It seems that having confidence to boost the ISO setting without worrying about too much loss of image quality can be a benefit even on a bright afternoon!

#1: Wild Carrot in front of Corn
p873575330-5.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2: Corn Wave
p1036432647-5.jpg

#3: Wild Carrot Close-Up
p333611444-5.jpg

Thanks for looking...
Glenn

Beautiful shots, and your comments are absolutely correct. I've even used higher iso's for macro in order to be able to freeze movement. I use DxO and the newest version is absolutely spectacular in removing noise from NEF files....without any appreciable loss of sharpness....must be like what shooting with your D700 is like. No more restraints!

Beautiful shots, and your comments are absolutely correct. I've even used higher iso's for macro in order to be able to freeze movement. I use DxO and the newest version is absolutely spectacular in removing noise from NEF files....without any appreciable loss of sharpness....must be like what shooting with your D700 is like. No more restraints!

Thanks Harry...

Being able to shoot at higher ISO settings without much concern really does remove quite a few retraints.

In an earlier thread, I mentioned how I started approaching some flower shots as if I was shooting sports--fast shutter speeds, continuous burst, higher ISO. And, it worked! :biggrin:

Glenn

Nice shots, all in all, I like all 3.

Nice work Glenn, you're really getting the most out of your new camera.

I too really like no3.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom