D700 in stock in Paris ...

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by Candidcameraman, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Handled it... Fondle is more like it... I waaaaant it but not for 3000 Euro...! Aug! Well actually 2799 Euro when I can get one in Canada for a little less than $3000... Even when you take the de-tax off - the 13% it is way waaaay waaaaaaaaaaaay more expensive here.

The gal behind the counter told me - "Why don't you buy it in Canada? Don't you have a B&H over there?" ... :eek:  She is right but we do not have a B&H just that when you shop you get B&H prices...

It has the little focus arrows and all the latest firmware updates as such I am sure vignetting wide open with some lenses will still be an issue, which I find is a non issue for me - I like it.

By the way a 50/1.8 new sells for 159 Euro in France that's 249.760 USD augh! Augh! AUGH! So folks when a European member wants to buy your lenses or camera body on Sales Corner - do them a favor and sell it to them - with a little extra for postage but man... do I ever feel lucky to have the prices I have in Canada (and the u.s.) for camera equipment.

2. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Jun 15, 2008
    England
    Yeah my yankee friends, be happy to send your stuff to Europe, we're treated worse than dogs over here. We've always been envious of your prices. You should try paying $11 for a gallon of gas.

3. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

so u fondled it? tell me more, please!!! lol

4. Hehehe:biggrin:

5. By the way a 50/1.8 new sells for 159 Euro in France that's 249.760 USD augh! Augh! AUGH! So folks when a European member wants to buy your lenses or camera body on Sales Corner - do them a favor and sell it to them - with a little extra for postage but man... do I ever feel lucky to have the prices I have in Canada (and the u.s.) for camera equipment.

The prices we get charged are insane.

I've bought a few things from the Classified here from US sellers, and even with shipping its WAY lower.

There is no justification apart from corporate greed - as you say even when you take into account tax, the bottom line is we are just being robbed blind :( 

6. Well... It is much better than I expected - at some point yesterday and today, I was thinking .... Naaaaa I do not need a D700, I have a D3... But man... That's D700 combined with a 50mm = killer stealth street photography combo... Wowser... I don't need it but I WANT it... :biggrin:

7. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

o man ..i can't hardly stand ..i've GOT the IDEAL glass and vision...urrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..ok, did u trigger it? howz it sound? how bout the VF?

come on, tell all ..lol
    :biggrin:

8. it's so exciting to have all these D700 threads today
    i can't wait until the personal reviews and pictures start rolling in

9. Trigger it...? No... How it sounds is not important to me. I just handled it and checked and tripled checked the menus - I wanted to see if it incorporated all the latest Firmware I uploaded in the D3 - it does and then some.

The view finder is much better than the D300, that was the main reason to handle it - I can use a D700 without any issues - I find the view finder small on the D300 and not nearly bright enough... As such the D700 viewfinder is a big improvement on the D300 yet the D700 VF is not quite on par with the D3.

One small thing I did not like on the D700 VF is that there is a grid in it... augh, Augh! AUGH!!! - a little like the grid on the D70s... Me not like grids any more... Yuk! Useless really specially with the virtual horizon you can use in the view finder...

I actually programmed the DOF Preview button as the Virtual Horizon for the view finder - I use it when needed... or as needed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.