1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D700 is official....at least to this German magazine

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by Harry Lavo, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Looks official...photo and spread in German magazine ProfiFoto. Here's the reference which first appeared in a dpreview post:

http://www.photoscala.de/Artikel/Ganz-offiziell-Nikon-D700

Whoops they just apparently took it down/blocked it as of 7:20am this morning. Was up as 7:15am.

Price appears to be 2600 euro, which depending, could be anywhere from $2600US to $3200US.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2008
  2. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Isn't there a cache of some sort we could view ?

3. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Jun 15, 2008
    England
    Yep, just saw that site, and it's been taken down in the last 5 minutes.

4. kojikin

kojikin Guest

The Specs

D3 selt cleaning senso
    5fps, 8 with battery grip
    95% viewfinder
    Built-in flash
    Price: around 2600€

Available: END of JULY! WOW!:eek: 

5. pforsell

pforsell

Jan 15, 2008
    5 FPS, with grip 8 FPS, 95% viewfinder, built-in flash, sensor cleaning system, about 2600 euros.

The D300 costs about 1600 euros in Europe at the moment, which makes one believe the US pricing might be between $2500 and $3000.

The only gripe I have about this Digital F100 is the viewfinder.... its coverage is one percent smaller than the F100 (96%). If I cannot come up with anything bigger, I think this will do for a while. Let's hope there are not many dead-battery-syndrome, BGLOD, banding, etc problems.

If the pricing will go similarly as with previous models, I think I'll take advantage of the strong euro vs dollar exchange rate and order mine from B&H with 5 years US warranty. The D700 will be cheaper than buying a D300 locally here in Finland. That is pocket money, not serious money.

Yea, I know I have to ship it to US with my own expense if there are problems or have it fixed locally with my own expense. I will avoid the first shipments until late autumn and I think I'll get a good one. After 3-4 months the DBS, BGLOD, banding and other early model bugs will have been ironed out.

6. Get this:

@ 8:43AM EST.

7. Up again as of 9:25 AM.

But look at the bottom of the Speedlight on the right hand side. It goes off the page! Something doesn't seem right.

8. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Jun 15, 2008
    England
    Indeed, that's a bit weird

9. LOL! Something is amiss! And correct me if I am wrong, but no magazine has ever had information to do an article before a body was officially introduced.

10. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    When it's shown on the Nikon USA website it's official. Until then it's a cross between Ebola and Bubonic plague. I don't believe it could possibly be in a magazine, given the lead time to publishing date, and not be officially announced. That's just a waste of time chasing ghosts.

11. LOL!!! Amen to that!

12. drichi

drichi

Jun 16, 2007
    Tokyo Japan
    Nothing but a rumor in Japan

A site I often check which has had pretty good info on various cameras before has nothing about the D700 except the exact same rumors from the exact same Western sites. In Japanese, the latest is the same German magazine rumor: http://f2f4d1x.at.webry.info/200806/article_30.html---

It is now 2307 on 30 June in Japan. I guess we'll know for sure in about 9-10 hours or so. I ain't holding my breath as all the rumors originate on US or a few European sites.

13. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    That might be true, but if I dare play the devil's advocate here I would say that just because it has never been seen before doesn't mean it's not true :wink:

14. PeterRH

PeterRH Guest

Well it must be true....

...because I've just given my much loved (but not much used these days) D70 to my wife on the understanding that I'll need to add the D700 to replace it and act as my event camera.

So I'll look a damn fool if it doesn't come out now won't I.

(wonder if she'd notice if I got a D3?........mind you I think I might rather have that sensor cleaning device if it works, given the stuff I keep hearing about D3 sensor dust).

I can't see that he mag article is a hoax but can understand the caution from most here about believing it. Dealers here are expecting that the D700 is a reality, and that the viral marketing has been employed to generate hype as the stocks of this model will be available sooner than is usual after an announcement.

We'll know soon enough.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2008
  15. davewolfs

davewolfs

May 23, 2006
    You're kidding right? Bjorn himself has confirmed that the NDA expires tomorrow and all the beans will be spilled then.

16. loudtiger

loudtiger

Sep 6, 2007
    texas
    i'm staying up tonight to officially hear the news!

17. LDB415

LDB415

Apr 26, 2008
    Texas
    No, I'm not kidding. When I can go to nikonusa.com and see it there then I'll believe it or if I meet someone who is a Nikon employee and become good enough friends to see official stuff. Until it's official it isn't official to me.

18. davewolfs

davewolfs

May 23, 2006
    Some scans. Sorry, the article doesn't seem to be written in American ;) 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.