D700 looks great as Backup for the D3

As a D3 owner and having a modest amount of FX glass, I have been lusting for a FX backup camera without having to buy a second D3. The D700 looks like the answer. :smile:

I noticed that the weights of the cameras w/o batteries are only 1/4 kg different, but that may really vanish once the optional battery pack MD-10 is added. Also, looks as it the "feel" of the D700 will be much like that of the D3.

As many have noted, the D3 is a solidly built instrument and is seriously heavy with any of the lenses such as 12-24, 24-70, and 70-200 mm F2.8 zooms mounted. My lovely wife (100 lbs) can't hold the D3 while I find it easy enough being a reasonable large and strong fellow. Frankly, I love the feel and performance of the D3. :cool: My wife had the thought that the D700 might serve her needs, but I doubt that will be the case. She can just use the little Pentax point and shoot I have.

I expect that the D700 will be another winner for Nikon and fit the needs of not only many professionals, but also serious amateurs. Remember that camera bodies are like printers are to HP, Epson, etc. ... they don't make much money on them. Where HP, Epson, etc. make their real money is on the inks. Nikon makes their real money more on lenses and other accessories.

Regards,

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom