D700 Nikon product number?

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by vinman, Jun 30, 2008.

1. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    Can anyone who has been offered a "pre-order" or inside tip please post or pm the official product number? I doubt anyone would be taking pre-orders unless they had been given this info...

Somebody make a call? PLEASE??

:smile:

Yes, I know the official product number isn't available since the camera has not yet been announced - but there are so many on here who have been offered/allowed to pre-order, then somebody somewhere has access to it...

2. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    My Guess Is

Nobody has a number yet and that they are simply trying to capitalize on the pending announcement craziness.

Just tell your dealer to stick you on the list and to order one the minute he has a # if you're desperate for it.

3. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    This is the problem. His rep is p.o.'d at him because he went over the guy's head earlier this year to get one of his customers a 70-200 (it had been on order for nearly six months). Now, the rep won't return his calls except when absolutely necessary. He'll get the product number from me before anyone else...

His hope is to get his order in soon enough to actually GET a couple of the bodies before the initial supply is depleted...

4. Email from Adorama @2306

Here is an email I got just a few moments ago.....

Subject: NEW NIKON D700 & SB-900 SPEEDLIGHTFrom:Jeffrey Snyder <jsnyder@adorama.com>(Add as Preferred Sender) [​IMG]Date:Mon, Jun 30, 2008 11:06 pmTo:Jeffrey Snyder <jsnyder@adorama.com>At 12:01AM JULY 01, 2008 EST NIKON USA HAS ANNOUNCED THE NEW D700 FX FULL FRAME CAMERA & SB-900 SPEEDLIGHT
    PRESS RELEASE: http://press.nikonusa.com/2008/07/the_agile_new_nikon_d700_fxfor.php

I wanted you all to know ASAP, so here are the specs....I will be accepting pre-orders immediately. Deliveries to begin in the next 45-60 days.

Email me... jsnyder@adorama.com

Here are some of the specifications:

NIKON D700

The D700 extends Nikon’s range of FX format SLRs, incorporating groundbreaking technologies and performance into a discreetly-sized body. The highly sensitive 12.1 megapixel CMOS sensor provides an (extendable) ISO range of 200 to 6400 and features a self-cleaning dust-reduction unit. Its EXPEED image processing engine enables the capture of images with superb detail and tonal gradation at up to 5 fps (8 fps with the optional MB-D10 battery pack and EN-EL4a battery). The advanced Scene Recognition System delivers superior exposures and is supported by Nikon’s acclaimed 51-point AF system, which offers outstanding tracking accuracy even in low light. The selectable Picture Controls streamline in-camera image processing, saving time in post-production, and a high definition 3-inch LCD screen supports two Live View modes plus an HDMI video output. Protected by a tough, environmentally-sealed magnesium alloy body, the D700 is a perfectly-balanced DSLR that can handle the unexpected, wherever your photography takes you

• 12.1 megapixel FX (full-frame) CMOS sensor with high signal-to-noise ratio, wide dynamic range, and built-in self-cleaning sensor unit that minimizes dust.
    • ISO 200 – 6400: extendable up to 25600 (equivalent) and down to ISO 100 (equivalent).
    • 5fps continuous shooting (8fps with optional MB-D10 battery pack with lithium-ion battery EN-EL4a or 8 AA batteries).
    • EXPEED image processing engine with 14-bit A/D conversion and 16-bit image processing for superb detail and tonal gradation.
    • Advanced Scene Recognition System combines the camera’s metering and AF sensors for precise exposures and sharply defined images.
    • Multi-CAM3500FX 51-point AF system. Individually selectable or configurable in 9-point, 21-point and 51-point coverage settings.
    • Picture Controls streamline in-camera image processing by enabling the pre-set customization of image parameters such as sharpening, contrast, brightness, hue and saturation in various color modes.
    • 920,000 dot 3-inch VGA LCD monitor with wide, 170-degree viewing angle.
    • Live View with Autofocus enables composition of images by use of the LCD monitor. Two modes are supported: Handheld or Tripod.
    • DX Crop Mode can be automatically enabled when a DX format lens is attached.
    • Quick response: approx. 40 ms shutter-lag.
    • Active D-Lighting enables superior high-contrast images by automatically applying tone compensation at the moment of capture.
    • HDMI video output interface enables connection to high-definition video systems.
    • Intuitive ergonomics with optimized button placement for fast and comfortable handling.
    • Durable Magnesium alloy body: moisture and dust resistant.
    • Wireless LAN and Ethernet support via optional Wireless Transmitter WT-4.
    ****SEE WWW.NIKONUSA.COM FOR COMPLETE SPECS & IMAGES

NIKON SB-900 SPEEDLIGHT

Professional i-TTL Speedlight compatible with Nikon FX and DX format SLRs, and part of the Nikon Creative Lighting System. This powerful Speedlight offers photographers extensive creative opportunities for their flash photography. Three illumination patterns - Centre-weighted, Even and Standard - provide total control over flash coverage and it covers a class-leading auto zoom range of 17-200mm in just 1.2 seconds. Advanced features include a booster circuit that enables high-speed recycling using four AA-type batteries and a built-in thermal protection system to warn of excessive heat build up. The SB-900 can automatically detect the presence of a fluorescent or incandescent color filter and transmit this information to the attached camera’s white balance setting, and its firmware can be upgraded via the camera body.

• Professional i-TTL (intelligent TTL) Speedlight compatible with FX and DX format SLR cameras.
    • Compatible with the Nikon Creative Lighting System.
    • Centre-weighted, Even and Standard illumination patterns: Centre-weighted mode concentrates illumination to the centre of the frame, useful when using a telephoto lens. Even mode diffuses light evenly across the frame, useful when taking group shots. Standard mode offers a standard balance of power and light distribution.
    • 17-200mm auto zoom range: covered in just 1.2 seconds. 14mm zoom range when using built-in diffuser or Speedlight dome.
    • Automatic detection of sensor format: automatically recognises FX or DX format cameras.
    • High-speed recycling time of 2.2 seconds, using four AA-type batteries.
    • Intuitive interface with large LCD screen and 3 all-purpose switches that can be individually configured.
    • AF-Assist illumination: compatible with Multi-CAM3500 FX / DX AF sensors.
    • Bounce capability: rotates horizontally 180º to right and left, tilts up to 90º and down to 11º.
    • Thermal protection system: programmable to warn of excessive heat build up during high intensity firing.
    • Automatic filter detection: Speedlight automatically adjusts the attached camera’s white balance settings when a fluorescent or incandescent color filter is used.
    • Firmware can be upgraded via the storage media in the attached camera.
    ****SEE WWW.NIKONUSA.COM FOR COMPLETE SPECS & IMAGES

Jeff

Jeffrey Snyder
    Adorama Camera
    jsnyder@adorama.com
    AIM: JSnyderAdorama
    www.adorama.com
    P 301-652-4896
    F 301-652-4971
    C 646-300-4111

5. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.