d700 on board help

I will preface this with "I usually only shoot my kids outside"

My wife's company does corporate events. They were having a team building session in their warehouse at 6 and at about 3:30 they called and asked if I could take some pics. The only flash I have is the on board. I really know nothing about using the flash and didn't have time to review before I set out.
I showed them the pics I took via Ipad and they liked them and even said they wanted a couple for marketing. Anyway, they asked me to shoot an event set up next week. I would like to improve upon my first round so if anyone has tips or C&C of the images below, please share. Should I invest in a flash - which one? ( I will read the manual section on flash)

Here are a few examples.

DSC2111-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSC2140-XL.jpg

DSC2214-L.jpg

You should definitely invest in an external flash. The SB700 would be my choice for your needs. Then get some sort of modifier - bounce card, GF Lightsphere, anything that will make your light bigger and softer. Learn how to bounce your flash to give directional light - check out Neil van Niekerk's book on on-camera flash, as well as the articles on his blog (Tangents).

If you can hand hold at slow shutter speeds then drop your shutter speed right down to allow more ambient light to record in the image

Thanks for the suggestions all. I may try to pick up a flash on Monday.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom