1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D700 on the Nikon Press page!

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR Forum' started by vinman, Jul 1, 2008.

1. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    Cant post the link from my iPhone, but its there along with the SB900 and PC-E45 and 85mm lenses!!

SRP? $2999!!!

2. The new FX-format Nikon D700 D-SLR camera will be available late July 2008, and will have an estimated selling price of $2,999.95 (body only).*

3. drichi

drichi

Jun 16, 2007
    Tokyo Japan
  4. Casket28

Casket28 Guest

Yippie. Im so excited. Yay.

5. Well, finally what we have all wanted! I'm in for one of these. :biggrin:

6. say cheeze

say cheeze Guest

Wonder if the D700 will have the same issues using the 70-200VR as with the D3?

7. Late July? Where was that, I didn't see it onthe site.

Hmmm, guess my August 2nd wedding won't get it, but Oct wedding will!

8. onemorelens

onemorelens

Jul 3, 2007
    california
    The 70-200 works great on the D3 except along the edges at 200/2.8. Frankly this is a non-issue in most situations.
    The D700 is the camera I would have chosen last year but now I've had the D3 6 months with many thousands of great images and I'm philosophical without regrets. The rock solid feel, crisp shutter sound grew on me and I even use 9fps on a fairly regular basis. I dropped the camera 3 feet onto a stone floor on my last vacation and it works perfectly without even slightest mark on the body. I wonder how the D700 would have handled that.

I think the D700 is a great camera for Nikon and for photographers - take that Canon. If I didnt have the D3 I'd order one first thing tomorrow. For now I'm patiently waiting (still) for new prime lenses.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.