D700 price is UP

Looks like Adorama and B&H have raised the price for the D700 to 2599, it was $2250 not long ago, so everyone wants to make money from the events in japan, i would not mind paying the extra cash if they are donating them to the crises.... Anyone knows where to get it at a reasonable price in Toronto, GtA...

Wow, that's something. Looks like I lucked out, as I ordered one from B&H on Saturday, for $2399.

Going to grab mine now, i had a d700 for a year and a half before, sold my gear and now i am in the market again, according to lots of stores i spoke to Nikon reps are saying there will not be a new camera soon, the shortage of the D700 was because Nikon could not keep up with the demand, and now it seems worse, there is Nothing that the D700 cant do for my needs, I looked at the D7000 seriously, but the problem is LENS choices are very poor on DX, i am going to grab a d700 +50 F 1.4 for now and save for nicer primes later, there is no turning back

I was looking at the D7000 on Amazon yesterday and it was $1179... came back to the page today and it is $1269.
Cashing in on the uncertainty in Japan for sure.

the dealers are getting greedy, thats all, the D7000 is not even made in japan, if the extra money is going to be donated to japan crises then yes...

i would not mind paying the extra cash if they are donating them to the crises...

It's the same mechanism that drove the prices throughout the year down - called market. I did not see anyone here volunteer to donate their "savings" to a charity when they bought under the introduction price.

The Sendai made gear that retailers have on their shelves right now is going to be the last available for a long time. I cannot blame them for taking advantage of the situation. Keep in mind that it's the same retailers that get the short end of the stick from Nikon with instant rebates and MSRP price drops.

wow, 2600 bucks.. that's crazy! Amazon still has it for 2399 though.

It's not crazy. It happens to be their original MSRP price. And I wouldn't go around claiming BH and Adorama are price gouging because of the Japan crisis. Fact probably is that supplies were already substantially down, since the D700 is probably going out of production (or has gone out of production) soon.

Incidentally, I read elsewhere that the D3s/D700 production plant survived the disaster (water stopped within meters of the building), though it's likely that some internal damage to the facility was sustained.

I just bought the D700 for $2250, but will be picking it up tomorrow because the store sold 2 since saturday, apparently people have been grabbing them like hot cakes, there is a d700 madness going around, very happy with my decision and no turning back!

simple "supply & demand".......

maybe now I can sell my minty used D700 for $2299, it's a great discount from new..:smile:

I bought mine a couple of month's back for $2169 from Vistek but they were price matching Aden Camera - check to see what they have it listed for.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom