D700 Rental (ISO 6400 Sample Posted with more to come)

I just rented a D700 and 17-35 f/2.8 lens to be delivered next week. I'm going to take the camera and lens up to Cleveland, OH when my wife and I go to visit my 1 month old nephew and 4 year old nephew. Hopefully I'll be able to put it through the ringer with some indoor low light shots.

I got it from www.lensrentals.com, a great place to work with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just out of curiosity, why aren't you renting from pro photo resources in Atlanta?? You wouldn't have to pay for shipping since you're close and could pick it up, and you'd either have the camera longer because of the lack of time in transit OR you could return it a few days quicker and save on the rental rate! Plus, they'll apply the rental cost to purchase if you do it fairly soon...

I've used them for years and always had good service and the prices are competitive.

EDIT - OMG - I just checked ppr's rates for D3 and compared it to lensrentals (ppr doesn't have the D700 listed yet but I'd bet they have them). I was a bit off when I used the term "competitive"! Lensrentals is fractional in cost to rent for bodies!! The lens rates are closer.

Hmm, I've never heard of pro photo resources here in Atlanta. I guess I'll have to look them up. I've used most of the major online rental places and have built up a pretty good rapport with them all...

Not to mention that PPR is on the complete opposite side of Atlanta from where I live/work. Therefore the price in gas I would spend driving over there (and the time spent sitting in traffic for that matter) to get something and then to drop it back off would probably end up being more than the shipping from an online place.

Thanks for the info though...but you're right, their D3 rental prices are insane!

Not living there, I tend to forget that in Atlanta even 2 miles can be a LONG way when it takes half an hour to drive it! I visit often enough that I know exactly what you mean. Still a good resource to have locally if you can time the drive in and out just right.

Not living there, I tend to forget that in Atlanta even 2 miles can be a LONG way when it takes half an hour to drive it! I visit often enough that I know exactly what you mean. Still a good resource to have locally if you can time the drive in and out just right.

Yup, it does take forever to get anywhere around here.

I did get the D700 in today, and I snapped off a few shots last night, but nothing crazy yet. I'm going up to visit my Sister and my 2 nephews (one was just born last month) this weekend with my wife, so plenty of photo ops there!

Safe travels, Dave!
You're going to love what this camera does. With good glass, it shares the "film-like" quality that I see in the D3 images. I literally haven't shot a single frame with my 200 in almost two weeks (since getting the 700).

Thanks Vinman...here's a quick sample of a snapshot I took of my wife last night as we were preparing dinner in our kitchen. Only light was coming from 6 canned lights recessed in the ceiling. This is a .jpg pretty much straight out of the camera, I only did a quick levels adjustment, cropped and resized.

sarah_6400.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom