D700 "review"

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by Sandro Bravo, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Steinar

Steinar

Aug 16, 2007
    Denmark
    Thank you, Sandro Bravo.

2. pointa-b-c

pointa-b-c

Mar 21, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the link, what a detail test! :eek: 

Too bad nothing about AF performance though.

3. PWPhoto

PWPhoto

Jul 21, 2006
    San Diego
    Thanks...

4. I still want to know if it focuse like a D3 or D300 - he doesn't mention focus at all.

5. Tosh

Tosh

May 6, 2005
    NY

Yup, it almost seems like nobody wants to touch that issue. :confused: 

6. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    I seriously doubt it's an intentional info blackout. It is the one concern people seem to vocalize the most here. My bet is with the same sensor as the 3 and the same power as the 300, it'll fall somewhere in the middle of the two. I'm also fairly certain this question will be answered sooner than later.

7. this is me

this is me

Feb 10, 2007
    MA
    "A dust removal shaker is also incorporated into the D700 - which in my opinion is an almost worthless feature as it does the same as all others does - shake the dust off the sensor. But where does the dust go - it stays inside the body and a few shots later, you can see it again, right? In my opinion, a simple blower is the easiest way to get rid of dust, but an incorporated dust shaker is a nice marketing feature!"

This has always been my feeling toward the dust remover. I would rather have the 100% viewfinder than the dust remover. Is there a way of removing the device and get 100% viewfinder?

8. And it is extremely annoying too. It's the one question that almost all people want to know.

9. PeterRH

PeterRH Guest

I'm sure there is a way, but not one that will leave you with either a warranty or a working D700 afterwards......:eek: 

I'd rather have a dust remover there to knock it off during a shoot, and then use a traditional dust removal method back at base if required.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.