D700 seems to like 200 macro f4

handheld today. now about discounts already on the D700, man, I can't believe this, I am never buying a camera on introduction again I don't think.

349016969_JaQCD-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Doug: Great capture. Are you using the ED-IF AF version or the lowly Nikkor F4 IF AIS? Im loving the Nikkor Micro on the D3. Im sure the new versions are even better.

gregory

Thank you, I loved the colors overall, granted, the yellows can be tough.

This is the AF version, and I was testing handheld today with AF on. Not to bad, really much better than you typically associate with this lens I think handheld.

Also of significance, this was with Auto ISO on, and it selected 800 iso, .002 second, and f 6.3 aperture (which I selected in Aperture priority mode)

Doug

nice shot, doug
yeah.... the already discounts are real... but, still unbelievable
soon the difference between what i paid for the D3 and what for what i COULD buy one... could have paid for a 200/4 :frown:

what's funny....
is that YOU AND ME.... 2 guys who've had this happen to them COUNTLESS times in past electronic purchases.... STILL find this hard to believe

THAT'S what is funny

A couple of others: These were tri-pod mounted.

Greg, I certainly understand the product life cycle, but dang, to have it happen before the CC statement gets here, that's pretty a pretty sad state of affairs man. don't get me wrong, I am all for the low price, but I believe in fairness as well, and 2 weeks after introduction? Unbelievable.

349091462_ov3oj-L.jpg

349092169_ooZEz-L.jpg

Opps, forgot one more handheld shot: Again, these were testing as much as anything, not so much that it's a beautiful water shot. It's not particularly special.

349092501_JrJfa-XL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Revoke99.

Of course Greg, the reality is, you got to get the rebate on one deal, they are out of stock, and the other is with tax at Circuit City. So, we might say rebate for the select few at this point. In the end, there's NFL for most of us.

Thanks Revoke99.

Of course Greg, the reality is, you got to get the rebate on one deal, they are out of stock, and the other is with tax at Circuit City. So, we might say rebate for the select few at this point. In the end, there's NFL for most of us.

Nice shot, Doug, thanks for the sample, 200 f/4 macro is considered one of the best macro lenses in the Nikkor lineup.

Good thing they are out of stock, otherwise..., there is no otherwise :tongue:. I'm happy to have it now as I need to use it/ get used to it asap. But yeah, I agree, discounted in 2 weeks? That is way to quick! :Angry:

Latest threads

Top Bottom