1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D700 shipping Friday in the UK

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR Forum' started by puddleduck, Jul 23, 2008.

1. My order is confirmed and I've just paid for it.

UK retailers will be sending them out Friday for a Monday delivery :) 

2. RGB Tech perchance?

3. Jez

Jez

Jun 22, 2005
    UK
    That's an amazing price they're quoting - is that a legit UK body? :eek: 

4. I think they are, yes but I'm not sure.

5. When I inquired they said they are definitely all UK stock so mine should arrive on Monday, so I just cancelled the one I had ordered on my NPS priority and saved £300.

Phil.

6. Jez

Jez

Jun 22, 2005
    UK
    Well they would say that, wouldn't they? :wink:

That's a weird amount to discount at this early stage - I would have thought £100 off the normal asking price would have been enough to tempt people to them. Mind you, I guess you're not complaining!

7. I asked Jacobs if they'd pricematch today and they wouldn't, so I released the NPS order I had with them and went with the RGB pre-order. They're always way cheaper first.

8. Jez

Jez

Jun 22, 2005
    UK
    I'm just glad Aperture doesn't support D700 files yet - at that price the plastic would take a hammering! :eek: 

9. PeterRH

PeterRH Guest

That's too much cheaper to ignore. It sounds so far from the contacts I've made as if there are either plenty more cameras than orders, or a very small shortfall which will be made up within a week or two.

If that remains true the price should drop elsewhere pretty quickly.

10. Jessops are showing them in stock for delivery now, with no pre-orders. £1999 though, or £2299 with a 24-120mm.

11. is the sb 900 due ut in the Uk yet?

Best price???

The thermal cut off will be a god send to me at motocross events, save killing the sb 800's!

12. RogDen31

RogDen31

Oct 7, 2007
    Yeovil, UK
    I have ordered my d700 from RGB due to me on Mon, I asked about the UK ? and was told yes

13. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Jun 15, 2008
    England
    Time to change your signiture Roger :) 

14. SB-900 should be due about now as well, Simon.

Jessops are listing it, but still for pre-order. Looks a great flash!

15. I should have 2 SB900's arriving today.

16. I have gone off you!!!:biggrin:

My main interest in the flash, probably my only actually, is the thermal cut off. I keep overheating sb800 at motocross where I take 5+ a second flash cycles.
    I wounder if the sb900 is ok on quantum turbo? What sort of external connection does it have for battery pack power leads?

What is the Uk price of the 900?

17. I'm getting them for £300 each and they're normally around £350 I think. I knackered one of my SB800's at a recent wedding and want to swap to 2 of the same.

Sod's Law dictates that the half hour I'll be out at lunch is when they'll try to deliver.

19. Hokum

Hokum

Jun 20, 2006
    Pennines UK
    Hmm my precious...

I have my D700 in my hands now... very nice... and the few finder brings me back to my EOS 650 days! SO BIG!

20. SB900's have arrived

The build quality is a real step up. Feels like much stronger materials (reminds me of the 580EX in build and size now). The revised button and menu layout is superb, and the quality of metering I get with the D3 seems much more subtle than the SB800's. New style case with a separate filter holder and excellent diffuser that now clips on rather than just slides. Feels more secure.

Overall, a very nice speedlight indeed. Some samples below showing the difference between no flash and flash with a backlit subject (the ever willing Jess). Shot straight on with the diffuser, Av mode and TTL-BL, it seems wonderfully balanced to me.

2701490744_3847ce73d8_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2701490464_bacb25431e_o.jpg

2701491330_fbefbeccf9_o.jpg

2700676781_620d3b4942_o.jpg

And an idea of how HUGE it seems when bouncing:

2701491710_5dc68ac700_o.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.