1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D700 Studies a Common Weed...

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by gnagel, Aug 5, 2008.

1. I see billons of these plants off the sides of the roads here in northern Illinois. Today, I took a closer look and appreciated the detail and pattern contained in the white flowers.

These two images were captured with my D700 and 105 VR along with my SB-800 flash unit:

p454827922-5.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

p333611444-5.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks again for looking...
    Glenn

2. Glenn you did a great job because I cannot see indications that flash was used. The exposure of the highlights is perfect.
    I have never used the FX format till last week when I had the pleasure of using the D700. My FX format has been the F-100, another great tool.
    I saw my 24-85 f3.5-4.5 AFS come back to life with the D700 and for the first time since I have it, the lens performed at its best. The RAW file needed the minimal amount of work during editing.
    Congratulations for your new camera and these excellent shots.
    William Rodriguez
    Miami, Florida.

3. Thank you William...

I shot these in RAW as well. That made it easy to make minor tweaks to the exposure until the whites were white without blowing the highlights.

I've been enjoying the D700 so far. The FX format will take me some time to get used to. I keep grabbing the wrong lens and then having to adjust to something a bit more powerful.

Glenn

4. Those are wonderful shots Glenn. We have something similar here. What do you call tis flower? Did you shoot this in a tent, or the wild?

5. Tom,

I'm told that this plant is called "Wild Carrot".

I brought this one into the house and placed some black construction paper behind it. I then placed a SB-800 flash unit to the left of the flower.

Thanks,
    Glenn

6. I particularly like the first image Glenn. Looks like it could be part of a bridal bouquet.

7. Thanks Steven...

I found this plant to be very interesting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.