1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D700: USB mass-storage mode problems SOLVED ON XP!

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR Forum' started by cjottawa, Sep 3, 2008.

1. cjottawa

cjottawa

Aug 23, 2008
    Nope
    * DELETE PLEASE *

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  2. azarby

azarby

Sep 17, 2006
    Phoenix, Az
    Works fine here under Vista Home Premium. I plugged it in, turned on the power and it immediately loaded the driver. Transferred several photos with no problem. Do you have Nikon Transfer or ViewNX loaded?

Bob

3. azarby

azarby

Sep 17, 2006
    Phoenix, Az
    If it still doesn't work, try it on one more computer. If it's stil a no-go. warranty time.

Bob

4. You can always load the picts via nikon transfer software, but the ability to mount the camera as a USB drive is lost for now MAC/PC. I hope they add it with a firmware update

5. azarby

azarby

Sep 17, 2006
    Phoenix, Az
    On Vista, I just do a drag an drop of files from camera to PC. Usually i just pop out the card and put in the PC as the PC has a built in UDMA reader. Don't use the Nikon SW.

Bob

6. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Very intelligent solution, C.J. Way to go!

7. any solution for mac guys? Nikon is getting too cosy with microsoft these days its worrying, the new windowz only raw format on the P6000 is another issue

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.