1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

D700 Viewfinder?

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR Forum' started by Tom Swaman, Jul 2, 2008.

1. While reading the hype, the ads and the specifications for the D700, I have not seen a statement of the coverage percentage of the image size. Perhaps I missed something, but does the viewfinder allow 100% coverage in the FX format?

Thanks,
    Tom

2. Cathy W.

Cathy W. Guest

It's 95%. They say it's due to the sensor cleaning apparatus.
    -cw

3. Thank you, Cathy. i knew it would take a fellow Washingtonian to set me straight. I would not like to give up my 100% viewfinder sported by the D300. This was one of 3 major items that made me upgrade from the D80 to the D300.

Best regards,
    Tom

4. jafo

jafo

Jun 11, 2008
    Chatsworth, CA
    Get a D3 then. :) 

The D700 has a bigger viewfinder... Easier to compose your images and such. Would have been nice to have 100% though, but then the D3 needs to be better in some respects, right?

5. Jafo,

I spent a whole lot of time deciding between the D3 and the D300 for my shooting needs. My two D300s resulted and I fully intend to keep these excellent, versatile and somewhat imperfect cameras for some extended time into the future and well beyond the D700 offering.

Just me and my thoughts,
    Tom

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.