D700

Discussion in 'Nikon FX DSLR' started by uupreti, Jun 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Hello everyone,
    Anybody still using D700 and not looking for an upgrade anytime soon? But if you are looking for an upgrade, which camera it would be.

Thanks!

2. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Me.
    And no...

:):):)
    Klaus

• Like Like x 2
  3. Still using my D700 as my main camera and still very happy with what it produces, but if I wanted to upgrade, it would be either a D750 or maybe a D810.
    Would love to have the sensor of the D750 in the body of the D810 as 24Mp is enough for me...!!! :happy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I am a D700 user and generally happy, thought about an upgrade but not really sure it would benefit me as I don't shoot enough.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Asaya! My point exactly.

• Like Like x 1
  6. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    Well a quick look at your posts to date shows landscape and cityscapes. If that's where your interests are than a D810 if you can swing it. Color depth and dynamic range with the pixels that will make cropping easier. And cropping for landscapes and cityscapes I'm also thinking about straightening, cropping to 16 x 9 or 10, etc.

7. Yup that's been my reason for thinking, if I can find a used low shutter count I might

8. davidzvi

davidzvi

Apr 30, 2005
    Massachusetts
    David
    For price you could always look at the D800/D800e

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Yep. I just picked up a D800 for around $900 in excellent condition. Pretty incredible value.

10. Yup thinking 800E

11. Happy D700 user here. When the D810 replacement comes out, I might take a look at it.

We'll see....

12. that is amazing
    I paid 3k for mine the day they came out and I still have it, awesome camera with great DR for LS

13. I wish there is camera like D700 body (or D810) and sensor of D750. Well, nothing is perfect but I guess I will wait may be..

14. See my tagline, 2 D700's and still going strong. I'm not looking seriously at this point to upgrade, although, if I do, it would be to the D800E/D810, IF I could get one for a good price/steal. My main reason for switching would be for getting into stock photography, more MP = better + more cropping ops. The better dynamic range wouldn't be a bad thing, either... :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. photogramps

photogramps

May 6, 2012
    uk
    Roger
    I have a D500 as my main camera but recently bought a D700 as a backup, I love the image quality of the D700 but the AF of the D500. As others have said the D810 would be a good upgrade, excellent image quality and good AF.

16. mnp13

mnp13

Jul 19, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    D700 here, I'm happy with it. I have been lusting over a df since they came out, but I really don't need it, I just really really really want it. lol If it had a 24mp imager, I'd get it and never look back, but it doesn't so there's no reason to do it.

Anyway, I'm not going to be upgrading any time soon because I'm no longer doing paid work therefore there is no "my hobby pays for itself" money.

My back up is a D300 (still a nice, solid camera) and my backup backup is a D50, and in good light even the 50 does a decent job.

17. Mike Irish

Mike Irish

Jun 14, 2008
    Ireland
    The way the D810 prices are dripping in Europe the replacement must be on it's way shortly. The D810 is so tempting now? But the old question keeps hitting me. How much better the new one will be. D5/D500 focusing / QXD cards / faster processor ETC? Oh no what to do!!!
    Mike

18. I would still love to have a D700 (lusted after one since about my second year with the D300s!), the images are outstanding and while the D800 and newer would give the benefit of newer technology, the D700 is still a very solid performer.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mike Irish

Mike Irish

Jun 14, 2008
    Ireland
    But then the D7200 is better again Stephen! Where do we stop? That's the Question.
    Mike

20. I have currently stopped at the d300s, for now :)

But in all fairness, people can be like me or get the latest and greatest - truly an amazing time to be into photography with the choices we have.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1