D7000 - Better than expected results on AFC

I have been very, very pleased with the D7000+70-300VR combo. I'm not sure why people are down on this lens. It's been an excellent performer for me at all focal lengths.
Actually most reviews I read, people liked the lens. The sequence pics in the first post are all wide open at 300. Not too shabby. Next time I will try the same thing at 200 f8 which is supposed to be the sharpest part of the lens. Interesting to see if their is much of a visible difference in real life shots. I'll keep you posted...

Nice. Only one AF (fear instilled) miss. Just wait until it's a Rhyno coming at you. :biggrin:

Nice. Only one AF (fear instilled) miss. Just wait until it's a Rhyno coming at you. :biggrin:
You know it's funny, but before taking these sequences (which I had never done before the D7000) I thought as long as the camera was pointed at the target things would be sharp. But I didn't take into account how difficult it is to track a fast subject, aside from taking the picture. I have a lot more respect for the guys that can get the BIF shots. You quickly realize that skill outshines camera technology...:smile:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom