D7000 Firmware update to 1.02

The Nikon USA site: http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17327

Modifications enabled with this firmware upgrade, release date April 25, 2011
•Noise reduction processing is now performed with shutter speeds slower than 1 s (previously 8 s) when On is selected for Long Exp. NR in order to reduce the bright spots that occur with shooting of still images at slow shutter speeds.
•An issue that prevented the opening of movies recorded with the D7000 in certain movie editing software applications has been resolved.
•When the camera was connected to a television via the A/V cable and a movie was played back, playback was normal the first time but when the movie was played two or more times, the sound was played back at extremely low volume and seemed to play intermittently. This issue has been resolved.
•When white balance for RAW images created using the camera’s image overlay function was fine tuned with Capture NX 2 or ViewNX 2, the images acquired a magenta cast. This issue has been resolved.
•An issue that caused 0.00” to be displayed for heading information when the GP-1 GPS unit was connected to the camera has been resolved so that ---.-- is now displayed.
•When Viewfinder virtual horizon was the role assigned to the Fn button or the preview button and the applicable button was pressed, errors in the virtual horizon indicator were displayed. This issue has been resolved.
•The following errors in Help displays have been resolved.

•"Maximum sensitivity" help was displayed for shooting menu>ISO sensitivity settings>On or Off help.
•German help displayed “Select focus priority for AF-S mode.” for Custom Settings>a1: AF-C priority selection help .

I'm mostly in your camp, Jim. The one issue that does pertain to my use is the correction pertaining to the Virtual Horizon. Though I have never experienced the issue that the fix corrects, it's probably a good idea for me to update the firmware as preventative maintenance to ensure that I never have that problem.

Like you Mike, the virtual horizon is the only one that looks relevant to me, so I flashed the firmware with no issues. The European site has incorrect instructions on the 'brief instructions' page (instructions are to copy the folder across the SD card rather than the file - and they mis-name the folder), but I followed the detailed ones which are correct.

about 10 minutes and mine is updated. Sometimes there are hidden little fixes that are not advertised in firmware updates.

I updated with no problems, either. The virtual horizon was my only real standout, but I also believe unpublicized effects are included and I love those mysterious goodies.

Anyone here get (or know of anyone who gets) the "folders problem"?

I have a friend with a newish D7000 who gets it and I have read problem posts going back to December mentioning it but it seems to have disappeared from posts.

Did we miss something?

DG

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom