D7000 Hunting

So recently ive noticed that my D7000 has been hunting quite a bit, hopefully its not my camera and just the lens(50mm 1.8) the body is just over a month old. has anyone else had this problem? is it a lens issue or body?

may be just the lens. all mine work really well except the quantaray lens where it hunts every now and then. try out someone else's lens and see ifs the same.

Under what lighting conditions? For what type of subject? High/low-contrast? Moving or stationary? That sort of thing/detail might help us help you.

Try AF-S for stationary subjects in reasonable (not super bright) light, focus on something close up, then something far, come back to the close up, then back to the far, etc., and see what sort of repeatability you get. I find that when my technique is good, the D7000 does fine. When I slop my technique, even the D700 "struggles," especially when using very wide apertures.

Like eNo said. You can make any lens hunt for focus under some conditions. Nikon addresses it in the manual. GH

well typically low light situations for example i shot a fight this past Saturday and even in the well lit areas it was still sluggish and hunted a bit while focusing.

well typically low light situations for example i shot a fight this past Saturday and even in the well lit areas it was still sluggish and hunted a bit while focusing.
Especially in low/bad light, you need to make sure you've got the focus point on something with contrast, whether that be colour, tone or pattern. Even a D3s will hunt if you don't give it contrast, because without contrast it has nothng to focus on :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom