D7000 Out of Stock

Has anyone been in the market for the D7000 recently. All the major retailers seem to be out of stock at the moment :frown:

Does anyone have an idea how temporary this is? I'm not in a huge hurry but I think I might be finally ready to upgrade from my D80, but having it out of stock makes me want it even more, you know how that goes :tongue:

It has been easier for some people to find one at their local brick-and-mortar stores. They don't receive as many cameras but their wait lists are far shorter. Nikon so far has shipped a lot more kits than bodies without a lens. I have seen reports that some small stores will break the kit to sell the body only.

Noticing that you have a D80, you might want to check out this thread that compares the specs of the D80 and the D7000: https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=287842 Once you receive your D7000, run down each item on the list to ensure that you are in command of each feature.

Last edited by a moderator:
It has been easier for some people to find one at their local brick-and-mortar stores. They don't receive as many cameras but their wait lists are far shorter. Nikon so far has shipped a lot more kits than bodies without a lens. I have seen reports that some small stores will break the kit to sell the body only...

The small store where I bought mine had ordered six when they came out, and finally got one in mid-December which I bought. I saw another one in their display case last week which wasn't sold yet. It sounds like they had one or two people who were coming in about it though.

So yes, there is a chance that a local store might have it. I would expect that a few weeks from now all the stores will be caught up once this week is over and stocks are replenished.

Thanks all. I will have to just wait for a few weeks until they are back in stock. I prefer to buy online most of the time, so I'll keep an eye out for changes in availability.

Samer,

If you want to order online, your best bet is to find a website that is taking orders even though they currently have no stock. I realize that some are no longer taking orders, but you may be able to find one of the reliable websites that is taking them despite being out of stock.

I agree. I got mine from J&R. They shipped within two weeks of my order, and Amazon also seems to be getting a lot of inventory. If you wait until someone says that XYZ has inventory, it will be gone by the time you try to buy.

Thanks for the tip. I made the order through Amazon, since they are usually my first choice. Of course they do not charge till they ship.

Thanks again.

P

Phase3

Ahh, I see said the blind photographer...

I called one of the places just to verify their availability and it seemed legit. One of the other "slightly higher" priced merchants was one of the places that I'd buy again from as I bought my GL1 video from years ago.

I understand the caution, but if I get screwed, then it's one call to Amex and let them deal with it (I hope).

Anyway, does ANYBODY have the D7K in stock?

I called one of the places just to verify their availability and it seemed legit. One of the other "slightly higher" priced merchants was one of the places that I'd buy again from as I bought my GL1 video from years ago.

I understand the caution, but if I get screwed, then it's one call to Amex and let them deal with it (I hope).

Best bet for now is to place a backorder with a legit place that accepts them (Adorama, B&H, Amazon) and keep checking with local dealers. I got mine earlier in December after calling a local place right after they got some stock in.

Only buy from an authorized dealer listed below.

http://www.nikonusa.com/fileuploads/pdfs/Authorized_Dealers/Nikon_AuthDealers.pdf

I ordered through Adorama on 10.29 (body only) and I'm still waiting.

Ouch! That doesn't give me a confident feeling. Your sig doesn't show a current body. I sure hope you aren't stranded without a body.

I'm just going to wait it out with Amazon. As I said, I'm not in a huge rush, but a month is kind of a long wait!

Ouch! That doesn't give me a confident feeling. Your sig doesn't show a current body. I sure hope you aren't stranded without a body.

I'm just going to wait it out with Amazon. As I said, I'm not in a huge rush, but a month is kind of a long wait!
I sold my D90 before my D7000 arrived. I sold it on the 24th of November, and my D7000 shipped the 26th. Apparently Amazon ships more Nikon than Adorama.

Thanks for the tip. I made the order through Amazon, since they are usually my first choice. Of course they do not charge till they ship.

Thanks again.

I did the same thing -- pre-ordered from Amazon (the body only) on 12/15 and received the camera with free two-day shipping on 12/24. Amazon does not like to disappoint customers when they are the seller, not a third party retailer using their site. So they don't take pre-orders unless they're well assured that new inventory will arrive in a timely manner.

BTW, I do LOVE the camera!

Latest threads

Top Bottom