D7000 questions

I don't understand the first one either. But I use auto ISO on my D7K all the time so I'm quite familiar with this feature. If you select showISO/easyISO of the menu option D3, then every time you half press the shutter, the ISO # will be displayed in the VF so you get shutter speed, F stop and ISO all 3 major factors displayed.

The first question makes good sense to me - sounds to me like what he wants to know is is there not a "release PLUS focus" setting (ie/ RELEASE, FOCUS, RELEASE + FOCUS). From Jim's response it looks like it's only one or the other.

1. for AFC is there not a release+focus setting ?
2. when using auto iso do you see the (changing) ISO in VF ?

Randy,
1. Unlike the D700, D3 and such, the D7000 indeed has no release+focus setting. You can only set it to release or to focus.
2. Yes, in Auto ISO you can see the actual ISO, as it changes, in the VF. There is a blinking "Auto ISO" indicator, and right next to it the ISO number.

BTW, I've only had the D7000 for a week, but it looks to play well with my 500/4 (but haven't tried BIF yet).

Real Name
Randy
The first question makes good sense to me - sounds to me like what he wants to know is is there not a "release PLUS focus" setting (ie/ RELEASE, FOCUS, RELEASE + FOCUS). From Jim's response it looks like it's only one or the other.

exactly, thx DJ

on the d300 focus priority causes MAJOR problems for many of us
before Mike M told me to try Release + Focus I was close to sending back my D300

The D200 was fine with just focus priority so it sounds like Nikon fixed this

Real Name
Randy
Randy,
1. Unlike the D700, D3 and such, the D7000 indeed has no release+focus setting. You can only set it to release or to focus.
2. Yes, in Auto ISO you can see the actual ISO, as it changes, in the VF. There is a blinking "Auto ISO" indicator, and right next to it the ISO number.

BTW, I've only had the D7000 for a week, but it looks to play well with my 500/4 (but haven't tried BIF yet).

although i rarely use auto iso on the d300 that is good to know, thx

the dp review confused me:

Speaking of ISO, by default, ISO is not visible in the viewfinder unless you're in the process of changing it. Whilst not a major annoyance most of the time, this means is that in auto ISO mode, you have no idea at which sensitivity setting you're currently shooting. Custom option d3 in the shooting/display custom menu tab allows you to show ISO sensitivity in the frame counter display of the viewfinder, but annoyingly, as soon as you depress your finger on the shutter button, the ISO display reverts to showing frame count.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom