D7000 scene modes

I just read in an other thread that the scene modes actually are being used by some of us.

Myself still shooting the D80 which always over exposes using anything automatic the scene modes are never used.
I wondered, because the D7000 also overexposes, if this is still an issue?

Saying the D7000 overexposes isn't a fair statement. For most situations, I leave the D7000 at 0 compensation. For some high contrast scenes, outdoor with white tents for example, I found I need to tone it down a bit but not as much as I did with the D90 or D40.

That said, I haven't tried the scene modes yet.

I just read in an other thread that the scene modes actually are being used by some of us.

Myself still shooting the D80 which always over exposes using anything automatic the scene modes are never used.
I wondered, because the D7000 also overexposes, if this is still an issue?
The D7000 exposes for the content being taken, ie: a person against a white background will be exposed for the skin color, etc meaning the background might blow out. In the past, matrix might have exposed the scene so nothing blew out and the person was underexposed. Depends what you're after really. It's just a tool that you need to learn to use. If you want a more balanced approach to high DR situations use the ADL feature or adjust in post.

The D7000 has a ton options to tune it to your liking. Overall meter adjustment for matrix, center, and spot. The size of the center meter. Individual exp compensation by shot. Active D Lighting. The D7000 has been factory tuned to do what most people want in shooting other people, exposing the face correctly. And I will say the OOC colors are remarkable.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom