D7000 still worth using in 2020?

Just to add to everyone above: my FX bodies are D700s and my DX body is a D7000. I still feel no need to upgrade. If I were a print artist, maybe, but frankly, most work these days end up being shared on the web and printed in reasonable sizes, hence, 12-16MP is perfect for that, in addition to being small files for fast PP, etc. I mean, I have printed up to 24x36 from my old 6MP D70 year ago, and the prints are beautiful (unless you want to stare at them from 6 in. away!). I can't imagine needing 24+MP for anything "normal"...
But then again, I still get immense pleasure from using my old film cameras, too, so perhaps ignore me as an old-fashioned tech loving guy. :)

The D7000 is agreat camera to shoot with. There will always be something 'better' with more dynamic range and low light performance to make us
think we need to replace our cameras.
I've rebelled against "upgrade syndrome" and sold much of my gear. I still have my D7200 but also shoot with my 15 year old D50 now and then.
This was taken with my 6 megapixel D50 and the Sigma 10-20mm f3/5 lens a week ago.

DSC_4127.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The D7000 is agreat camera to shoot with. There will always be something 'better' with more dynamic range and low light performance to make us
think we need to replace our cameras.
I've rebelled against "upgrade syndrome" and sold much of my gear. I still have my D7200 but also shoot with my 15 year old D50 now and then.
This was taken with my 6 megapixel D50 and the Sigma 10-20mm f3/5 lens a week ago.

View attachment 1655387
Great Picture... Got the same lens for my D7k as well... I'm very happy with that's one... Looking at the 50mm 1.4 now and the 18-300 one as a universal workhorse... I think those two will complete my mix of lenses for some time... The 105mm 2.8 Macro of Sigma is amazing as well if you wanna shoot 1:1... It's my favourite at the moment... Really looking forward to hold it in my hands soon again when I'm home... Really regret it more and more that I stopped shooting... I'll sure post some things here... The community is really great :)

Great Picture... Got the same lens for my D7k as well... I'm very happy with that's one... Looking at the 50mm 1.4 now and the 18-300 one as a universal workhorse... I think those two will complete my mix of lenses for some time... The 105mm 2.8 Macro of Sigma is amazing as well if you wanna shoot 1:1... It's my favourite at the moment... Really looking forward to hold it in my hands soon again when I'm home... Really regret it more and more that I stopped shooting... I'll sure post some things here... The community is really great :)
You may find that a 35mm 1.8 is better for a crop sensor than 50mm 1.4.
The 18-140mm is really versatile and light on the camera compared to 18-200 or 300mm.

Tham
Since you are just restarting your journey into photography the simplest and most cost effective software would be the free Nikon software which you can download from their website. While it is not the most powerful software out there it is simple to use for basic editing. It also has the advantage of displaying your images as closely as possible to what you see on the camera screen. Also as you gain experience using the software you will learn what features are important to you, what's missing, etc. As your rediscovered interest in photography grows you can explore other options which require financial investment.
Thanks for the tip... I sure will give it a try. I checked also some buy ones alternatives already... But I think going simple and free is a reasonable desicion for restarting. Cheers

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom