d7000 third party battery grips

Gotta find that Ebay gift card I got for Christmas. Think I just found what I am buying with it!

Wow! These started at $74 (other sellers) about 10 days ago and the price is already dropping.

Thanks 4 the link.

YES! been waiting ever since the d7000 came out! thanks!

edit, intruder61: you should make a thread or post in here what you like and dont like about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have had two Zeikos grips for my D300 and D300s. The first one lasted about six months and then the posts that hold the tabs that the battery engages broke. They were willing to get me another tray but wanted me to pay $15 shipping and handling. I figured that was probably what they had in it. I was able to fix it myself with some superglue and ingenuity.

I was still fairly happy with it so i bought another one when I got my D300s. I put it on the camera, mind you this camera was brand new, and the whole camera shut down. i could take the grip off and it would come back on. Put it back on and it went completely dead. Sent it back and decided to bite the bullet and get the Nikon.

I'm assuming Nikon has some IP rights in their MDB11 grip, presumably patents. Does anyone know if this manufacturer is licensed by Nikon to market their own grip that otherwise would infringe Nikon's patents?

I'm too new to this to know how often third parties manufacture battery grips for DSLRs. Thanks.

Just received it..... looks better than my zeikos on the D700.
High quality unit....I will post pics when I get home......in about 5 hours :))

The MB-D11 is built in China. I wouldn't be surprised if these weren't built in the same factory just during after work hours! :wink::rolleyes:

they have :smile:

D7000pics005-1.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 895336

How much does it move on the body? Will if accept L brackets and plates made for the Nikon grip? GH

you know if its magnesium alloy? highly doubt it but would be nice. also do you see any signs of weather sealing?

How much does it move on the body? Will if accept L brackets and plates made for the Nikon grip? GH

doesn't move whatsoever, very tight.
as for L bracket it has the thread under side.
D7000pic2001.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

you know if its magnesium alloy? highly doubt it but would be nice. also do you see any signs of weather sealing?

i doubt it, but it is a solid unit. apart from the top lid which has screws the rest is one piece unit, sealed well, but i wouldn't want to get it wet anyways like the rest of my gear.

How's the locking mechanism, is it the same design as the MB-D11 which stops after a certain point so you don't break it?

Damn that looks pretty spot on. When I saw the MB-D11 was made in China, I knew for sure they were going to make perfect knock-offs!

How's the locking mechanism, is it the same design as the MB-D11 which stops after a certain point so you don't break it?

Damn that looks pretty spot on. When I saw the MB-D11 was made in China, I knew for sure they were going to make perfect knock-offs!

the locking mechanism stops solid so you cant continue turning it.
for quarter of the price, this cant be beat, furthermore the shutter feels better than the one on the unit.

Details on function please?

I am guessing it functions just like the original Nikon? one battery in body and one in grip. Then tell camera what battery to use first. Have you used it enough to see if the battery actually switches over ?

Latest threads

Top Bottom