D7100 and Me :)

I recently received a very nice bonus check. So I just pulled the plug and ordered a D7100. It will arrive here via the big brown truck on Tuesday.

I am excited and nervous as I'm going on the photography week in October that I won the scholarship for, and I'm hoping that I can learn the camera by then. I'll also be taking my D300 (which I still love) with me as a second body. We were told to bring a back up camera, just in case.

So if I start posting a lot of questions next week, have patience :biggrin: And any advice on learning the camera is appreciated!

Carole

Congrat's, Carole...!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I love my D7100. I have hardly touched the D600 since getting it. And I love my D600... The D7100 is just a pleasure to use in every way.

I love my D7100. I have hardly touched the D600 since getting it. And I love my D600... The D7100 is just a pleasure to use in every way.
I'm just back from a three-week road trip through Colorado and New Mexico. I used my D600 and D7100 interchangeably and I really can't see any differences in the images that could be attributed to the camera.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm just back from a three-week road trip through Colorado and New Mexico. I used my D600 and D7100 interchangeably and I really can't see any differences in the images that could be attributed to the camera.
So you mean I won't be able to blame the camera?? :biggrin:

Carole

I am still going to use my D300. I think when I go shooting, I'll have a wide angle lens on one and a telephoto on the other :smile: My D300 takes incredible photos, so I'll have to match them one on one and see who wins :smile:

Carole

I am still going to use my D300. I think when I go shooting, I'll have a wide angle lens on one and a telephoto on the other :smile: My D300 takes incredible photos, so I'll have to match them one on one and see who wins :smile:

Carole
That's what I said when I got my D7100... haven't touched it (D300s) once since :eek: :smile:
Have fun :smile:

That's what I said when I got my D7100... haven't touched it (D300s) once since :eek: :smile:
Have fun :smile:
I'm going to a photography workshop in October and we were told to bring two camera bodies, so I'll be bringing both of them.

You should take your D300s out once in a while so it doesn't get lonely :)

I also still have a D50 - thinking about converting that to IR.

Carole

You're going to be astounded at the difference in IQ. Learning the controls etc. won't be a problem. I assure you after your workshop if you continue to use the D300 it will be for purely sentimental reasons, not born of logic :biggrin:

The 7100 is THAT good.

You're going to be astounded at the difference in IQ. Learning the controls etc. won't be a problem. I assure you after your workshop if you continue to use the D300 it will be for purely sentimental reasons, not born of logic :biggrin:

The 7100 is THAT good.
Now you are making me wish that I had sprung for overnight delivery, LOL :biggrin: I'll have to keep busy until Tuesday somehow (sigh!).

Carole

I use the D7100 for kids sports (Soccer just started) and Macro (Dragons all over right now). It is, IMO, far better for both.

The D600 is my People & Landscape camera and will be dusted off again soon. But as far as the images, I agree, there is really no way anyone would be able to tell.

That said, I carried just the D7100 for a week of Boy Scout Summer Camp and it handled all of the above very well. If I didn't already have the D600, I would not buy one, but would just get a backup D7100.

So you mean I won't be able to blame the camera?? :biggrin:

Carole

Nope.:tongue::biggrin:

Carole
If you think your D300 takes incredible images (I also own one), just wait until you shoot your D7100 (I also own one as well). Make sure to practice before you go and post questions here...:smile:. I love the brown truck!

Carole
1. D7100 anytime you want/need to shoot at ISO 2000+, and we sure need that here at times! Amazing the difference.

2. D300 AF is pretty darned good, D7100 is just flat AMAZING! I really can't tell the difference between it and my D800.

3. D7100 anytime you can't fill the frame with the image. You can crop pretty well with the D300, but cropping from 24MP is, well, just one heck of a lot better.

I shot with a pair of D300's from the first day they arrived in Seattle until last December. I miss the extra 2FPS once in a while, but very rarely, the strange part is that the AF is so much better my rate of keeper shots is at least as good as it was, if not better.

Just watch your technique, those extra MP's will show bad handling rather quickly.

This is good to hear. I also have a D600 which is fantastic and my D7100 is being delivered today!

If you think your D300 takes incredible images (I also own one), just wait until you shoot your D7100 (I also own one as well). Make sure to practice before you go and post questions here...:smile:. I love the brown truck!
Yea, me too. My bird knows the sound of the brown truck and lets me know when he's coming :)

One question - can I use my SB-600 with the D7100?

Carole

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom