D7100 book

I just ordered David Busch's book for the D7100 which will be here Tuesday.

Are there any others that are really good at describing the features and how to use them? I have to get to know this camera by October when I go to my workshop :)

Thanks!
Carole

I have the Nikon D7100 Experience eBook. I prefer to buy eBooks as it is easier to carry multiple books on my tablet. If I recall, David did not have his as an eBook when I first looked, but it now appears that Barnes and Noble

Thom Hogan does not yet have a D7100 guide, I generally like his. The problem with all of these books, and it is understandable, is that they try to explain what the manual REALLY means :wink:, and most of them are helpful in their own way, but also somewhat redundant.

I will be interested in what you think of the David Busch book, it might tempt me to buy one myself. One can never have enough reading material when you ride the bus to work :biggrin:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, Bill.

I have David's books on the D300 and P7100 and I found that both were helpful. That is why I decided to get the one on the D7100. I like the way David not only tells you how to do things, but also explains what those things do. His explanations are nice and simple for people like me who don't get into the math or the science behind it. :smile:

I'll let you know what I think when the book arrives.

Carole

I just bought the ebook, Bill. I figured I can read it and get acquainted with some of the new features before the camera gets here on Tuesday.

I just hope the UPS man comes early on Tuesday. Otherwise, I may have to attack him when he does get here! I may do that anyway, LOL! I'm getting excited!

Carole

I just bought the ebook, Bill. I figured I can read it and get acquainted with some of the new features before the camera gets here on Tuesday.

I just hope the UPS man comes early on Tuesday. Otherwise, I may have to attack him when he does get here! I may do that anyway, LOL! I'm getting excited!

Carole
Tuesday, hmmmm .. is that as in TOMORROW???? :biggrin::biggrin:

Tuesday, hmmmm .. is that as in TOMORROW???? :biggrin::biggrin:
Yes, that's tomorrow! However, I just got this email from UPS. (I have UPS My Choice, so I get email notices on my deliveries.) It said,

"We previously sent you a delivery alert for the package shown below however, conditions have caused the delivery date to change. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. The delivery is now scheduled for Monday, 08/12/2013 by End of Day."

MY CAMERA IS COMING TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And they are apologizing for the inconvenience?? No inconvenience here!! I'll be looking out the window all day today for the big brown truck!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Carole

Was the book (David B) good ? - For beginners, for advanced or for both and how is it generel ?
Thanks

To be honest, Steinar, I haven't had a chance to really get into it yet. I have liked his other books as I found them good for beginners, and those who had been shooting for a while. I'm one of those people who just turns the camera on and starts shooting. But I am going to read it before I go to my photography workshop in October. From what I've looked at thus far, I do find it very good at explaining controls. I bought it as I've never done video with a DSLR and I'd like to get into that feature so that next year I can video the orcas as well as taking still shots of them.

Carole

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom