D7100 firmware update

I guess if I have to even think about doing this update, it's probably not worth the 15 minutes of my life in doing so :)

Sometimes they fix things that they would rather not admit in these updates. At least, its what I've seen with other manufacturers.

Absolutely...! :wink:

Always prudent to keep FW up to date... Only takes a few minutes, why would
you not want to do it...? :confused:

There are times where it may introduce an issue that affects you and you cannot rollback, then you have to wait months for another update to fix that issue. Rare, but it happens. Typically I wait a bit before installing a firmware update to make sure nothing major breaks, but they should definitely be kept up to date aside from major bugs being introduced.

Real Name
Randy
Absolutely...! :wink:

Always prudent to keep FW up to date... Only takes a few minutes, why would
you not want to do it...? :confused:

because if everything works fine why take a chance

I very rarely update firmware.

Now if they tell me a firmware update will increase fps and the buffer size I'm in.

Seriously though, as a software developer I understand that an update is almost as likely to introduce a problem as it is to fix one and fixing a problem I don't know I have is not fixing a problem I care about.

I always keep the firmware on my cameras up to date. I figure it won't hurt anything & there may be some unlisted improvements. Guess we all do what feels right to us.

Personally I've never had any issues due to firmware upgrades,
thus far this also applies to my D7100.
A very quick and painless update.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom