D750 replacement rumors

Nikon Rumors has specifications for the D750 replacement.

Here is the first set of rumored specifications for the Nikon D750 camera replacement:

• The Nikon D750 replacement will not be called D760 - it will have a higher model number (between D760 and D800, maybe 770 or 790)
  • It will be a merge of the D700 series and the D800 series (not sure what that means - maybe in terms of functionality)
  • 24MP BSI sensor
  • 4k video support (no 4k 60fps), 1080p 120fps
  • Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
  • No built-in flash
  • Higher ISO (better than the D850)
  • 2x UHS-II SD memory cards
  • Between 51 and 153 AF points - one number that I was given is 105 AF points
  • Touchscreen
  • An updated interface like the Z -series
  • Slightly smaller and lighter body than the current D750
  • To be released in 2020 (it could be as early as January-February, but this is not confirmed)

Read more: https://nikonrumors.com/#ixzz65AaW1MeI

PetaPixel says:

The D750 is a favorite among Nikon DSLR shooters, but in 2019 it’s really starting to show its age.

They don't say what they mean by "showing its age" but I think it's still as good as any full-frame camera on the market. I'm using a Z6 strictly for the convenience features, so maybe that is what they are referring to.

PetaPixel says:

The D750 is a favorite among Nikon DSLR shooters, but in 2019 it’s really starting to show its age.

They don't say what they mean by "showing its age" but I think it's still as good as any full-frame camera on the market. I'm using a Z6 strictly for the convenience features, so maybe that is what they are referring to.
They mean they have written all thay can/want to about the ancient D750 and need new meat :cool::rolleyes:

Another of the "conveniences" for which I bought a Z6. I've tried it a couple of times, but haven't found as much use for it as I thought I might.
For me, the move to the D850 was followed by getting new lenses: a 16-35, f/4, and a 50, f/1.8. Using these for landscape work (most of what I shot) instead of my usual 150-500 range negated the need for focus stacking. I'm sure I'll use it someday, as the Z6 has opened up new styles of shooting for me. I have yet to use video mode or touch up on any camera, and rarely capture Jpgs.

My Z6 is, for me, essentially a feature and performance equivalent replacement for my old D750. It has some added benefits like IBIS and the WYSIWYG goodness of the EVF. My primary use for a camera these days is documenting the lives of my grandchildren. The Z6 fills this role. For my occasional forays into wildlife photography, I've kept my D500. A DSLR replacement for the D750 isn't of interest to me but may be tempting for many current D750 owners.

I agree with Randy. If they don't go pottypixels with it I could be interested in the D750 replacement. On the other hand, I really like what I have already. More acreage of the focus area would be good.

Nikon could of fully eliminated the D750, by providing dual card slots and a vertical grip to the Z6. If it does combine the D750/D850 lines, this camera plus the D6 could be Nikon's DSLR swan song before going full Z!

I think it is amazing that the D750 is still on display as a mainstay for Nikon at camera stores (mostly Best Buys in my area). The camera made its debut in 2014. It seems like 6 years of camera improvements should have brought and end to it a few years back.

Real Name
Ken
I think it is amazing that the D750 is still on display as a mainstay for Nikon at camera stores (mostly Best Buys in my area). The camera made its debut in 2014. It seems like 6 years of camera improvements should have brought and end to it a few years back.
I find it amazing because it says to me how well designed the D750 is, and how many of the changes over the past 6 years have primarily been incremental (excepting Nikon's move to mirrorless).

--Ken

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom