D750 replacement rumors

JLH

Over the past few years I read more than one review of the D750 where it was considered a "classic" due to its balance of performance and price. Certainly technology advances but as I have yet to fully master my D750 and exhaust its full potential I see little sense in upgrading it.

JLH

I find it amazing because it says to me how well designed the D750 is, and how many of the changes over the past 6 years have primarily been incremental (excepting Nikon's move to mirrorless).
--Ken

Exactly right...my thoughts exactly...

As a D750 user for about 4 years now my biggest upgrade wishes are a BETTER metering system (180,000 pixels please,the 2016 pixels one stinks) along with a deeper buffer and a better anti flicker system.Of course better high ISO and autofocussing system would be assumed.

JLH

Maybe I can afford to buy a D750 now.
Good point for many. I got my D750 too soon, its second year perhaps. I should have waited, I have not used it enough to justify the expenditure. I am actually using it more now, several years after it came out! I will not be selling it to get the newer model right away. I am sure the new replacement will be a "better" camera in many ways, time and technology do keep moving forward. But my D750 is a better camera than I am a photographer so if I master it and find short comings then I might consider the newer model. Heck, I still use my D7100 as it produces very fine images! (but my D500 is more fun!).
I am very interested in seeing what this new D780 (or whatever its called) brings to the table.

I too will wait for awhile before considering the new D780. Still in Honeymoon phase with the D500 and the 500PF for BIF / Wildlife.
I came late to the d750 party with purchasing one in 2018 and it’s tough to justify another FX body, then again the D850 might be affordable for me this year. It will be interesting to see the upgrades and reviews for the D780.

I “overpaid” for my D750 also...it now sells new for $400.

Where? B&H is selling it for $1200 including the $500 instant rebate and the rebate ends midnight on January 5. Same price at Nikon USA.

Maybe you should buy it for $400 and sell it to me for $440 for a quick 10% profit. I'll promise to use the SB800 that I bought from you with it. :ROFLMAO:

My D750 was purchased as a Nikon refurbished that had registered fewer than 200 shots at the time. I've added more than 10,000 and am still happy with it but have to say I've been tempted a couple of times recently to trade it in just to get a new one, given today's prices. I may yet do that, especially as it would also mean I don't need to change from Lightroom 6.14 either. And although I suspect that Andy has mis-typed the price he found, if I got that price I'd buy two or three!

Real Name
Andy
Where? B&H is selling it for $1200 including the $500 instant rebate and the rebate ends midnight on January 5. Same price at Nikon USA.

Maybe you should buy it for $400 and sell it to me for $440 for a quick 10% profit. I'll promise to use the SB800 that I bought from you with it. :ROFLMAO:
My mistake - I meant to write “for $400 less.”

First leaked photos of the D780:

https://nikonrumors.com/2020/01/04/...-pictures-of-the-nikon-d780-dslr-camera.aspx/

Rumors report it'll retail for around $2000 USD. Pictures also show a Z6/Z7 style battery grip with no shutter button. Which I seriously don't get, because I'd rather just get on/off USB Type-C charging to a power bank or outlet. I'm sure spec-wise it'll be decent, but at $2K, this is hovering around the same price you can buy a used D850 or buy a Z6 with FTZ adapter or just buy a D750 which will be an excellent value at under $1K USD.

First leaked photos of the D780:

https://nikonrumors.com/2020/01/04/...-pictures-of-the-nikon-d780-dslr-camera.aspx/

Rumors report it'll retail for around $2000 USD. Pictures also show a Z6/Z7 style battery grip with no shutter button. Which I seriously don't get, because I'd rather just get on/off USB Type-C charging to a power bank or outlet. I'm sure spec-wise it'll be decent, but at $2K, this is hovering around the same price you can buy a used D850 or buy a Z6 with FTZ adapter or just buy a D750 which will be an excellent value at under $1K USD.
I might have missed it, but I didn’t see a picture showing it with a battery grip.

Latest threads

Top Bottom