D750 vs D780 Comparison

I like what I see, but at the same time I dislike what Nikon has decided to remove. I think it creates some resentment amongst loyal Nikon customers especially at these price points. Also if you take away the non-live view functions, the improvements aren't as cutting edge over the D750.

Real Name
Randy
i was waiting for this since upgrade because I didn't own a D750 and didn't like the D850 for informal stuff, but now I don't have a use for it because I prefer the 16-80 DX so much over my 24-120. I'm going to stick with the D500 or get a Z50

This is my FTZ adapter bringing eye AF to the AF 85/1.4D. It comes with a built in camera instead of being put in between lens and Z body, but so what...

Oh, and the 135/2 and the 80-200 should work too.

Will have to wait for first reviews on how reliable eyeAF and screwdrivers work together. If at all?

A very expensive adapter. Will fall in prive soon.

Real Name
John
I like what I see, but at the same time I dislike what Nikon has decided to remove. I think it creates some resentment amongst loyal Nikon customers especially at these price points. Also if you take away the non-live view functions, the improvements aren't as cutting edge over the D750.
Yes, it seems like Nikon made this camera to try to convince current customers to move to mirrorless or meet the demand for video (do people really use it that much?) At this point, it looks like most with a D750 that don't need video should move to the D850. One of my main annoyances about the D750 was how the focus points are all in the center of the frame. Now you can get them over a larger area only if you look at the LCD. It better be bright to make this work in daylight! If the high ISO is really amazing, I might consider it.

This is my FTZ adapter bringing eye AF to the AF 85/1.4D. It comes with a built in camera instead of being put in between lens and Z body, but so what...

Oh, and the 135/2 and the 80-200 should work too.

Will have to wait for first reviews on how reliable eyeAF and screwdrivers work together. If at all?

A very expensive adapter. Will fall in prive soon.
I highly recommend using a rear mounted LCD loupe if the D780 live view works well with AF-D lenses. It's the best next option after a dedicated electronic viewfinder. I use this universal foldable magnifier loupe on my Nikon 1 J5. It should fit the rear of the D780 as well. Perhaps you can find one similar in your region. ;)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RYV355Y/ref=twister_B081F299RR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

No reason there for me to upgrade from 750 to 780, in fact more reason to stick with the 750: built-in flash and grip-worthy.

JLH

No reason there for me to upgrade from 750 to 780, in fact more reason to stick with the 750: built-in flash and grip-worthy.
I am certain the new 780 is a step forward in many ways, especially the sensor and processor. However, I am still learning how to make my 750 do more and more and see no reason at this time to "upgrade" to a camera with many features I know I won't use. I am just not a video shooter.
In a couple of years when the 780 price comes down and my 750 is aging perhaps I might change but for now I am still growing with the gear I have and don't fee pressure to change. I will be keeping on eye on the users of the 780 and see what they do with it. Never say "never".

Real Name
Randy
I think they missed me on this one and the funny part is I was waiting for it for the 24mp
but now it's just another 'better than it needs to be' FX Camera to me, I coulda stopped at the D800.
I'll stand pat with the D5, D500 and D850, the D780 can't work it's way into the lineup considering the cost to upgrade

Real Name
Randy
Real Name
Randy
as I read these posts it hit me that this was bound to happen, it was just a question of when......the D6 faces the same issues......it's no longer (and has been for awhile) worth the cost considering how much better anything gets, we have d750 owners who'd rather have a D750, ouch

Real Name
David
There are ways I could definitely see this as a significant upgrade if I were still doing events. There were several times during an event I'd love to have had touch screen / live view working more effectively than it did on the D750. A mirrorless would work, but a DSLR with these capabilities would've been a better option for me.

Real Name
Randy
No, we want greater improvement that the camera makers want to give us.
no they have already given us too much and way more than we need....we can't keep up anymore, when it comes to focus speed or low light capabilities or both so when something new comes along our need list gets a lot shorter, the D5 is the perfect example, it may be close to done and as good as it gets, time will tell

How does DPReview do a comparison of the two cameras and NOT mention that the D780 has focus shifting whereas the D750 doesn't? I guess click bait requires little thoroughness even among such reviews.
I think that most potential buyers will just consider automatic focus shifting a minor improvement. You and I consider it to be of importance but I'm afraid not many other people will.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom