D7500 Histogram

Good Morning all,

I am looking on how to get my histogram per each shot NOT using live feature. I did indeed check Nikon.com and it referred me back to manual. Pages 234,235. What a joke-Totally worthless. Tells what a histogram is not how to elect to have it on every shot. I accidentally activated a few months ago and turned it off. YEP I'm that lame brained I can't remember how that accident occurred. I did find references on the Fn2 button but mine doesn't seem to do anything. Can it be broken so soon??? :( Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
LueyD

Good Morning all,

I am looking on how to get my histogram per each shot NOT using live feature. I did indeed check Nikon.com and it referred me back to manual. Pages 234,235. What a joke-Totally worthless. Tells what a histogram is not how to elect to have it on every shot. I accidentally activated a few months ago and turned it off. YEP I'm that lame brained I can't remember how that accident occurred. I did find references on the Fn2 button but mine doesn't seem to do anything. Can it be broken so soon??? :( Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
LueyD
Do you mean showing the histogram while reviewing an image? If so you can get that in the "Playback" menu under "Playback display options".

At least that is where it is on a D7200; I don't have a D7500.

Well PA it worked. Thank you so very much. :X3::X3::X3: I have been looking for an answer for 5 days ;)o_O:sneaky::sneaky:UGH no more thanks to you. (y)(y)(y)

Is there a way to display the histogram when using Live View? I ask because I didn't think that is possible.
There isn't on a D7200, but perhaps there is on the D7500. In Thom Hogan's review, in the discussion of Live View, I find this:

Maybe you want to see your exposure as well as DOF. Okay, another small change: press the i button and set Exposure Preview to On. Now you get no fake ISO boost and see your image as it will be captured, complete with an exposure bar on the right side (and now you can also pull up a useful histogram using the Info button).

I discovered some months ago that I can get a Live View histogram on my D750, so I guess it's not surprising that they put it on the D7500.

The D750 was introduced in 2014, so the technology for this has been available for 5 years.

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom