D780 or Z6 II

Real Name
Philip Armitage
update, I have looked at various posts everyone made and it was the Ken Rockwell review that clinched it for me. I like DSLR's I am familiar and comfortable with them. I do have a mirrorless camera - a Lumix G95 complete with a viltrox adapter to enable my nikon lens to work. While I quite like it and its small size, I miss too many photos with missing the focus - probably just my lack of familiarity with it. So for the 780, In NZ the price just dropped another $NZ400 today, that was handy and have placed an order - hopefully it will arrive before the weekend

KR certainly has strong opinions, and very well considered ones. I have followed him for a long time, and even corresponded via email. Based on all this, I do think he lives in the past a bit. I still have DSLRs, but I am more prepared to sell than upgrade them, as I have my eyes on the future. Just my two cents' worth.

So , DSLRs are thing from the past ?

Real Name
Andy
not as far as I am concerned
I am glad Nikon developed a successor to the D750, and have no doubt that you will enjoy its use. I give credit to Nikon for their wisdom in keeping the DSLR flame burning. I have chosen to gradually cease the flapping of mirrors for myself, but also know that others have not made that choice for a variety of very good reasons.

Real Name
Philip Armitage
Batteries are charging

IMG_0430camerafb.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Philip Armitage
dsc0005.jpg straight out of camera - cropped of course - a small nest to deal with once it gets dark
DSC_0005crop.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

dsc0005.jpg straight out of camera - cropped of course - a small nest to deal with once it gets dark View attachment 1679782

Nice. Which lens was that? I'll be on wasp watch myself soon when the so-and-so's start waking up. I brought some queens in with the logs over the past few months. Always makes for a lively lounge for a few minutes.

Real Name
Philip Armitage
Nice. Which lens was that? I'll be on wasp watch myself soon when the so-and-so's start waking up. I brought some queens in with the logs over the past few months. Always makes for a lively lounge for a few minutes.

Sigma 105 - quite a nice macro lens for the price

wasps are not the most pleasant of insects, though I have to admit these paper wasps aren't to bad. This was on a little bush we had and my wife found it when she was watering the shrub. Although they all got a good soaking they didn't attack her. However they no longer exist, after the photo session and just on dusk I took to them with fly spray

I was going to say "You're up early tomorrow", thinking we are at the stage when there are only 11 hours between UK and NZ but in fact things went the other way so you're 13 hours ahead. Breakfast time!

Apart from solitary wasps the only ones we get are the kind that will definitely attack, so I always try to ensure no nests in people traffic areas.

Looking forward to seeing what the 780 can do and how you get on with it v the 750. Yours must be the first in the Café.

Latest threads

Top Bottom